+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Warne eyes next signing this week

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Apart from the final outcome the Tommy Doc period was a good time to watch the Millers.

More open and entertaining football.

Ditto the Emlyn Hughes era
    Think the Jack Mansell era was the best for open attacking football but not so good at stopping the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Think the Jack Mansell era was the best for open attacking football but not so good at stopping the opposition.
    Yes indeed.

I think it was under him that we took Man Utd to a replay in the FA Cup.

Plus some high scoring home games with a couple of 6s along the way

Yes indeed.

I think it was under him that we took Man Utd to a replay in the FA Cup.

Plus some high scoring home games with a couple of 6s along the way
    Correct, and that same season we scored 75 goals and conceded 74 entertaining for the neutrals.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Correct, and that same season we scored 75 goals and conceded 74 entertaining for the neutrals.!!!
    It was entertaining for us as well.He had been coaching in Holland and picked up the early ideas that led to
    the total football the Dutch played some years later. Pasing arround the opposision in triangles good to watch
    but he forgot to coach the defense.

Apart from the final outcome the Tommy Doc period was a good time to watch the Millers.

More open and entertaining football.

Ditto the Emlyn Hughes era
    Last few weeks have found some old games on YouTube, watched the home fa cup tie against Leicester in 68 I think, Johnny quin and Dave Watson in docs side. Rod Fern for Leicester.
    The millers v QPR game in 82, Ronnie Moore sent off and two QPR players too. Emlyn got laid out with an elbow. Game finished late due to extra time. Late home for tea.

Also on You Tube is the famous 6-0 drubbing of Chelsea in 1982.
    I remember being at Millmoor when we drew with Leicester in 1968. Millmoor was heaving. We were very unlucky. If I recall Nish missed their first pen but the referee ordered a retake. BBC also missed Downes equaliser.

My elder brother went to Filbert Street for the replay the following Wednesday at which over 41,000 attended, with many people locked out. Those who remember Filbert Street will recall it was the kind of place that looked packed even with 11,000 in so 41,000 doesn’t bear thinking about. We did ourselves proud but succumbed 2-0 after extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Also on You Tube is the famous 6-0 drubbing of Chelsea in 1982.
    I remember being at Millmoor when we drew with Leicester in 1968. Millmoor was heaving. We were very unlucky. If I recall Nish missed their first pen but the referee ordered a retake. BBC also missed Downes equaliser.

My elder brother went to Filbert Street for the replay the following Wednesday at which over 41,000 attended, with many people locked out. Those who remember Filbert Street will recall it was the kind of place that looked packed even with 11,000 in so 41,000 doesn’t bear thinking about. We did ourselves proud but succumbed 2-0 after extra time.
    Remember it well - I was one of those locked out!

Clarke should stay, hes impressed when ive seen him play - though a full season loan in League One or Two would be a wise move. Maybe someone like a Donny?

Kyle hasnt impressed since he joined, he runs and thats it. His stats are embarrassing for a forward.

Yep, Vas and Proctor can go for me on a free.

Id consider "no cost" loans on some of the lads, including Clarke and Thommo, who I think is a valuable replacement to Jones who looks slower each game.

Paul Davies saying Warney not so much looking for a left back now Robertson & Clarke are getting fit. Can't make do in the championship neither are 1st choice players in that position.

How’s the time to get Clarke up and running at LB
    Warney would like 4 wingers so we’re looking for a right winger

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast