+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darlow

Darlow

What a performance yesterday-reminded me of Krul's performance there a few years back. (then I read the Chron and it turns out that he made the most saves by a Newcastle 'keeper since Krul in that very game.

I haven't been convinced by him for a while, mainly because he doesn't command his box particularly well. But, yesterday was all about reactions and shot stopping and he was superb. Not a lot to be positive about at the mo so I thought he deserved a mention.

From what I saw, I completely agree - he looked really good.

He still looks like a 13-year old boy who just bought his first can of hair gel, and I think that's probably what deceives about him - he's not a bad keeper. He's not world class either, but he also had a decent run previously.

yes i was pleasantly surprised by how well he did yesterday.

Considering where we are as a club, I’m now pleased he stayed - decent back up to Dúbravka and allows Woodman to get experience on loan. Although the League Cup highlights on Quest have been brief, the new keeper doesn’t look too bad either.

MOM and even got a mention from Jose. I agree with Zip that his only weak point is command of the box under high balls.

I was pleasently surprised with how he did.

Seems to be more confident than the last time he had a run in first team sa well.

Great penalty save yesterday and could do nothing about any of the goals although he's picked up an injury.

On Current form he deserves to keep the gloves even when Dubravka comes back from injury, also if he played for one of the usual clubs southgate would have him in the England squad.

I was thinking same Mids.

He should of been subbed off though, was clearly carrying an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I was thinking same Mids.

He should of been subbed off though, was clearly carrying an injury.
    Bruce is in charge so no shock he was made to carry on despite being injured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)