+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 03.10.20

I'd take 1-0 to Notts right now. Hopefully the result against York will serve as the kick up the backside that some of our players apparently need. It was a shocking performance, but the core of the squad that finished third last season remains intact, so there's no reason why we shouldn't go into the season with a positive attitude.

You could argue that it was the instability of the squad and results in the early part of last season which cost us the points that would have put us level with Harrogate or Barrow, so a better start this season could prove very useful in the long run.

Dover 1-2 Notts as we go 4-3-3

Wootton, Rawlinson

Att. 0,000 but 1,477 on stream

If Notts go 1-0 down in the first half-hour and don't score till half time we'll concede again and possibly collapse to a 3-0 defeat. If that happens we'll struggle till half-way through the season. Lots of halves there, but if Notts score first and deserve it, we'll win IF we try and play like a team that knows each other's names and not ponce about in our own half, oops! Another half there!

Dover 2-0 Notts

God knows after the last two games but I'm thinking positive, 3 - 1 to Notts.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    If Notts go 1-0 down in the first half-hour and don't score till half time we'll concede again and possibly collapse to a 3-0 defeat. If that happens we'll struggle till half-way through the season. Lots of halves there, but if Notts score first and deserve it, we'll win IF we try and play like a team that knows each other's names and not ponce about in our own half, oops! Another half there!

Dover 2-0 Notts
    Whether you can take friendly games to seriouisly,is up for debate, Ardley admitted post match that he was trying the diamond formation first half, and that in a proper league game he probably would not have done that
    I have known teams win all their friendlies, then start losing when the real games start

One thing i have said for a long time , is that Notts seem a better second half team. This needs to change they need to be a better first half team , get on the front foot from the offset, and score first

Dover are one of the poorer teams in the national league, and if Notts are serious about promotion they must find a way to win, wether that be 1-0 or 4 -0 , a win is a win

Dover 1 Notts 3

Wootton , Jim , Rawlinson

COYP

I can't see anything other than a slow start, with us looking like a bunch of strangers. It doesn't matter the quality of the opposition.

Dover 2 - 1 Notts

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's on the BBC fixture list, but nobody is betting on it yet. They'll probably decide on Saturday morning!

I'll have to go along with those who have predicted 0-0.

Ardley will look at the league table and see they are six places above us, and decide that a draw is a good result.
    It's cynical burgers like you who are also implying that our PM isn't doing a good job. Try to look on the bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I can't see anything other than a slow start, with us looking like a bunch of strangers. It doesn't matter the quality of the opposition.

Dover 2 - 1 Notts

Thomas
    Strangers in black and white, exchanging glances.
    Wondering what the sheite, happened to our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It's cynical burgers like you who are also implying that our PM isn't doing a good job.
    When have I ever implied that?

A quick use of the 'advanced search' says 1,137 times.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast