+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 03.10.20

Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 03.10.20

... ok, if no one else wants to start, here we go ...
    Judging by our pre-season form - and serious Notts supporters will recognise this - there can be no other result than ...
    Dover 0 - Notts 5
    COYP
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-09-2020 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Title format matching for future search ease

I'll go for Dover 2 Notts 1

Due to Dover putting their whole squad up for sale I expect there to be a vast difference in quality between the two sides.

BenDOVER 0-4 Nuts County

850 Notts fans watching via live stream.

0-0

scorers 0

Attn 0

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Due to Dover putting their whole squad up for sale I expect there to be a vast difference in quality between the two sides.

BenDOVER 0-4 Nuts County

850 Notts fans watching via live stream.
    No such thing as an easy game but there is such a thing as an EASIERr game, otherwise you wouldn't consistently see 40+ point gaps between the bottom and the top, at the end of the season.

With what's happening at Dover, this has got to be one of the easier fixtures, has to be. Defeat down there would make for a disastrous opening day.
    Last season we were undone by poor results away from home against struggling sides however, so you can't rule out a draw, it's tempting but I'll go 2-1 Notts.

We rarely start the season with a win, so I’ll go for a soul-crushingly boring 0-0.

Last time we won the first game of the season was at Stevenage in 2015. Most unexpected start to the season? The 4-0 win at Leicester in 1983, one of the few highlights of that season and one of two times I’ve seen a Notts striker score a hat trick on the opening day (Trevor Christie, followed years later by Lee Hughes against the Bradford massive - only 11 years yet somehow a lifetime away).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ok, if no one else wants to start, here we go ...
    Judging by our pre-season form - and serious Notts supporters will recognise this - there can be no other result than ...
    Dover 0 - Notts 5
    COYP
    I know quite a few who missed the Harrogate and York games as well.

0-0

Are we sure the game is going ahead yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It's on the BBC fixture list, but nobody is betting on it yet. They'll probably decide on Saturday morning!

I'll have to go along with those who have predicted 0-0.

Ardley will look at the league table and see they are six places above us, and decide that a draw is a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Actually no!

But in any case, I'm going for 1-0 Dover

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast