+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 03.10.20

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always answer questions, everyone but you will be aware of that
    Now that is laugh out loud funny. You have no self awareness.

No you don't, you continually avoid answering direct questions, lots of examples last season. It can be like getting blood out of a stone, you are a slippery little fella at times. You provide anything but a straight simple answer, as was the case when it took you such a long time to finally get to the point in saying Hardy was the person most to blame for relegation that season. We both knew the answer to such a straightforward question but you weaseled around the answer for so long trying to save face whilst looking "a bit of a tit" the whole time.

As for the Dover game I hope you are wrong and we can go one better and win but history tells us in football that opening day fixtures can throw up all sorts of results.

For starters let's just hope it goes ahead in these uncertain times.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Now that is laugh out loud funny. You have no self awareness.
    I've been on here long enough for people to make up their own mind. Of all the things I could be accused of, I think failing to answer questions would be very close to the bottom of the list for everyone apart from you.

No you don't, you continually avoid answering direct questions, lots of examples last season. It can be like getting blood out of a stone, you are a slippery little fella at times. You provide anything but a straight simple answer, as was the case when it took you such a long time to finally get to the point in saying Hardy was the person most to blame for relegation that season. We both knew the answer to such a straightforward question but you weaseled around the answer for so long trying to save face whilst looking "a bit of a tit" the whole time.
    If there are lots of examples as you claim, then post them by all means. I think we both know you won't. Regarding the Hardy thing, I said from the start that I thought Hardy, the managers and the players were equally to blame for our relegation. It was only when you insisted on it being one person that Hardy came out on top because there was one owner, three managers, and loads of players. So while Hardy was "the person" most to blame, I clearly thought that most of the blame wasn't down to him.

I'm pretty sure that everyone else understood what I was saying, just not you it seems.

I've been on here long enough for people to make up their own mind. Of all the things I could be accused of, I think failing to answer questions would be very close to the bottom of the list for everyone apart from you.

If there are lots of examples as you claim, then post them by all means. I think we both know you won't. Regarding the Hardy thing, I said from the start that I thought Hardy, the managers and the players were equally to blame for our relegation. It was only when you insisted on it being one person that Hardy came out on top because there was one owner, three managers, and loads of players. So while Hardy was "the person" most to blame, I clearly thought that most of the blame wasn't down to him.

I'm pretty sure that everyone else understood what I was saying, just not you it seems.

Quiz question.
    What did Neal Ardley himself blame relegation to the 5th tier on?

1. Silly goals
    2. We believed we were too good to go down and that's what killed us
    3. Decisions in key games not going our way
    4. Being united in wanting to solve the issues but not being united in the solutions
    5. Injuries and suspensions at key times
    6. Macclesfield had a fantastic season and deserved to stay up more than we did
    7. We ran out of games, we would have stayed up otherwise.
    8. The state of the (Meadow Lane) pitch meant we couldn't play how we wanted, we had to compromise our game.
    9. Too many teams showed us too much respect and that made it difficult for us to break them down.
    10. Not being paid after the season had ended.
    11. People out there not wanting us to do well, they know who they are.
    12. All of the above.
    13. No reason, **** happens.

[QUOTE=upthemaggies;39586170]Quiz question.
    What did Neal Ardley himself blame relegation to the 5th tier on?

1. Silly goals
    2. We believed we were too good to go down and that's what killed us
    3. Decisions in key games not going our way
    4. Being united in wanting to solve the issues but not being united in the solutions
    5. Injuries and suspensions at key times
    6. Macclesfield had a fantastic season and deserved to stay up more than we did
    7. We ran out of games, we would have stayed up otherwise.
    8. The state of the (Meadow Lane) pitch meant we couldn't play how we wanted, we had to compromise our game.
    9. Too many teams showed us too much respect and that made it difficult for us to break them down.
    10. Not being paid after the season had ended.
    11. People out there not wanting us to do well, they know who they are.
    12. All of the above.
    13. No reason, **** happens.
    14. I'm a sh1te manager.

I'll go for 14.

What a **** quiz question.

Obsession by Calvin Klein or upthemaggies

I've been on here long enough for people to make up their own mind. Of all the things I could be accused of, I think failing to answer questions would be very close to the bottom of the list for everyone apart from you
    Where would you put being accessed of being narcissistic? 2nd? Or 3rd? Certainly high up the list that you've just dreamt up.

What a **** quiz question.

Obsession by Calvin Klein or upthemaggies
    I suppose it is a bit of a silly quiz.

I'll go for 14 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I suppose it is a bit of a silly quiz.

I'll go for 14 as well.

He genuinely did cite one of those options as being the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    He genuinely did cite one of those options as being the reason.
    Okay, I shall go for 7, then.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Okay, I shall go for 7, then.
    Almost certainly the case in 1984/85 but not this one.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast