+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your XI for the opening day

Your XI for the opening day

What would everyone go for?

Assuming all goes to plan...

Slocombe

Brindley Rawlinson Lacey Chicksen

Reeves Doyle O’Brien

Roberts Wootton Enzio

Subs: Graham; DKE; Rodrigues; Knowles; Thomas.

Thomas in for Roberts if he’s not fit.

For me we have to go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with the current squad, with Rodrigues coming in for Doyle in the first home game (and the majority of matches where we’re likely to see more of the ball).

We have the two best wingers in the division - to employ a system that doesn’t put them in their natural positions is nonsensical in the extreme. The big concern from the summer ins/outs in my view is the lack of replacement for Dennis, particularly with Thomas looking poor in the pre-season games I’ve seen. Having a system with one (well supported) out and out striker offsets this a little, as well as meaning Enzio and Roberts have a little less to do defensively.

Bed the new players in gradually and don’t venture too far from what worked well pre-lockdown last season (particularly the CB pairing).

If we’re persevering with the diamond I can see Ardley starting with something like..

Slocombe
    Brindley Graham Lacey McCrory
    Doyle
    Reeves O’Brien
    Roberts/Rodrigues
    Wootton Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post

Slocombe

Reeves Doyle O’Brien

Roberts Wootton Enzio

For me we have to go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with the current squad, with Rodrigues coming in for Doyle in the first home game (and the majority of matches where we’re likely to see more of the ball).

We have the two best wingers in the division - to employ a system that doesn’t put them in their natural positions is nonsensical in the extreme. The big concern from the summer ins/outs in my view is the lack of replacement for Dennis, particularly with Thomas looking poor in the pre-season games I’ve seen. Having a system with one (well supported) out and out striker offsets this a little, as well as meaning Enzio and Roberts have a little less to do defensively.

Bed the new players in gradually and don’t venture too far from what worked well pre-lockdown last season (particularly the CB pairing).

If we’re persevering with the diamond I can see Ardley starting with something like..

Slocombe
    Doyle
    Reeves O’Brien
    Roberts/Rodrigues
    Wootton Thomas

With the players we have (seemingly have anyway) we could also play the 4-1-4-1 which would accommodate our best threats.

..........................Slocombe

Brindley........Rawlo...........Lacey:.....Chicken

...................,,,.........Doyle

Enzio......Reeves........Rodrigues......Roberts

............................Wootton

I dunno, anything but the diamond formation anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    With the players we have (seemingly have anyway) we could also play the 4-1-4-1 which would accommodate our best threats.

..........................Slocombe

Brindley........Rawlo...........Lacey:.....Chicken

...................,,,.........Doyle

Enzio......Reeves........Rodrigues......Roberts

............................Wootton

I dunno, anything but the diamond formation anyway!
    I like this but I would fiddle with it a little:

Slocombe

Doyle Reeves

Roberts Rodrigues Enzio

Wootton

Obviously I would play McSwegan if available

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    I like this but I would fiddle with it a little:

Slocombe

Doyle Reeves

Roberts Rodrigues Enzio

Wootton

Obviously I would play McSwegan if available
    Would go with this too, but I feel its far to attacking for NA's liking. Can see JOB being brought in..Not exactly sure how though.

Slocombe

Reeves Doyle O’Brien

Roberts Wootton Enzio

A post that sums up the situation quite well. That team looks the best one to me as well. The fact that I think we could still do with Mitch Rose is a bit of an indication as to how the new signings are looking so far.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 28-09-2020 at 05:35 PM.

If we play 433 it more or less picks itself. If we play 352 we have more options. I cannot see us having a problem winning sauturday tbh whatever system we play

i don't know abut you but this is the only class diamond i know.

https://youtu.be/QFSAWiTJsjc

Quote Originally Posted by downunderpie View Post
    i don't know abut you but this is the only class diamond i know.
    I prefer this.

Slocombe

Reeves Doyle O’Brien

Roberts Wootton Enzio

Slocombe
    Doyle
    Reeves O’Brien
    Roberts/Rodrigues
    Wootton Thomas
    A team that doesn’t involve Elisha Sam would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    A team that doesn’t involve Elisha Sam would be good.
    I agree that he's not ready to start today, but could we at least leave the implicit/explicit assassination of a new player until he's got match fit and played a few games in English football? Then we might be able to for a fairer idea of what he can and cannot do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast