+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley v Manchester City Match Preview

Burnley v Manchester City Match Preview

This could be the usual mismatch between the big spenders from the Etihad and our injury ravaged squad. The Citizens have already splashed out 41 million on defender Nathan Ake and are set to spend a further 65 million to capture Ruben Dias from Benfica. We can only dream of transfer budgets like these. Pep apparently set his side up against Leicester all lopsided and the Foxes were able to pick them off. No doubt he will rethink his formation so as to avoid being outfoxed again. Sean will put the kids on the bench again but hopefully they will get a chance to come on this time. What do we have to lose?

The scoreline could be embarrassing.I would probably put out a team with as much experience as possible.Put the kids in for their first games and it could destroy their confidence.

It’s the first time Pep has managed a team for the fifth year. Mourinho can only do two years. Could look like Pep might peak on the third. Don’t really know yet. But I don’t think Man City will be top 3 this year. I’m not saying we’ll beat them but it sure would be a lot of fun and give our young players a real boost

I watched them last night OMG they were all over the place. Garcia would not have made into the old Great Harwood team on last night's showing.

There is never a good time to play teams like City with the resources they have available, however, this week is now made even more difficult because of their result yesterday. Pep will have them well prepared for our game and they will be out to prove a point, no matter what team is selected.

I told Pep he should spend his £40 million on Tarko and not Ake, who isn't fit to lace his boots, but he wouldn't listen. Ah well, what can you do, I tried, but you can't educate pork.

S.D Post match.

"hasn't been any level of bids that needs answer"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)