+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how does this work, then?

So how does this work, then?

If you've been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid19, you must...not should...you must self-isolate for 2 weeks or until you can get a test.

West Ham had two players and their manager test positive but their game tonight went ahead. The tests were taken yesterday, since when, unless everybody went straight home and isolated until they got the results-which they didn't -they've been around the squad, and they were on the team buses with the rest of the team, etc (they trained yesterday but I don't know if that was before or after the tests) so they could have passed the virus on to other people around the club.

How come the rest of the squad haven't had to self-isolate and how come the game went ahead?

Be very interesting to see the next round of test results, not least for the Hull players who must be travelling home tonight wondering if they've picked it up.

Many of the rules/guidelines, advice/legal requirements etc. make no sense at all Zip to the so called average person with whatever average intelligence is. Many of the people I see must be well below the IQ level required to comprehend that the advice is full of nonsensical contradictions. Personally fear the worst these coming months the way the government and the public are behaving. I`ve kept shielding as I have copd and my ex has been on chemo since xmas, we`ve had to maintain a really tight social bubble cos there won`t be any second chances if me or the ex get it. Still optimistic in general remarkably tho, we`re an incredibly resilient country with a great NHS and some great people around.

I totally agree about the NHS and our resilience.

Problem is, people have become complacent...and some, well, many, are just either stupid or selfish or both. Osborne Road, for example...when you walk past the bars there, regardless of how they're meant to be operating, there is absolutely no social-distancing going on whatsoever and there were at least two houses i cycled past where there were students having house parties. (I say 'at least' because I cycled past two and i'm sure I didn't happen to pass the only two going on in Jesmond).

Multiply those two scenarios by all the bars across th country or places with large student populations and there's absoutely no surprise the rate is rising so alarmingly. Add in all the anti-maskers, schools, sports teams and, well....

It's not that we shouldn't be trying to get the economy going again butI think a lot of folk are acting like we're back to normal.

Aye Zip.

But it's one rule for some (sports people in particular it seems) and one rule for another (the rest of us).

If we follow Spain and France with positive test results then it hasn't meant rising admissions and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    If we follow Spain and France with positive test results then it hasn't meant rising admissions and deaths.
    Unlike the first wave. People aren't dying in anywhere near the numbers in this 'wave' . Main Stream Media are sh!t hot on this, mind.

the rates are really going up now. I really do have a feeling that football will be cancelled again. Only after a matter of time before a squad has multiple cases. Only a matter of time before players refuse to play in order to protect their families.

the number of deaths while much lower compared to March/April infection rates could partly be explained by the fact that we have greatly increased our testing. However I look at the US reaching 200,000 deaths yesterday and think that we should still be very vigilant.

The US has 5 X the population of the UK and have slightly less deaths (for now) than we do per capita.

Lives always come first but I for one will be over the moon if the football is cancelled again. Fűck them corrupt bastárds at the PL and if football getting postponed costs them a fortune like the last one did I will be delighted.

I reckon the weather has more to do with the virus than is being reported. Autumn arrives in Europe, cases go up. Spring arrives on S America , cases go down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)