+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans at grounds, is it time?

Fans at grounds, is it time?

Down south this has been reported:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

The question I have is this:

Is it time to let folk who wan to go to matches go and take the risk? By this I mean accepting medical care won't be available to you should the worst happen and decisions need to be made about who to treat. Obviously, folk like myself who just wouldn't do it, should be able to steam on-line as long as it takes...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Down south this has been reported:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

The question I have is this:

Is it time to let folk who wan to go to matches go and take the risk? By this I mean accepting medical care won't be available to you should the worst happen and decisions need to be made about who to treat. Obviously, folk like myself who just wouldn't do it, should be able to steam on-line as long as it takes...
    Much as we all want to see fans back in the grounds, I just don't think that's a viable option. It's not just those people that say yes I'll take the risk, what about the risk they then pose to the general public?

As in the report, it absolutely needs the Government in both England and Scotland to put together a rescue package to save the national game from wholesale collapse.

We were getting close to beating the virus with the lockdown. But the govt caved in to pressure from the airline and holiday industry.

We can beat this domestically with the likes of lockdown etc, but only when we realise that international travel has to stop completely will we defeat it and things can begin to return to normal.

Regarding that article, surely professional football counts as a 'cultural institution' and should get a chunk of that £1.5b.

Yes, let people go about their business

Wont happen though...

wont happen - but needs to

I assume, with limited numbers - all existing season ticket holders, and no pay at the gate fans, and with no catering in place/or allowed, it will actually cost clubs to allow some form of fans into ground with stewarding etc...

I'd be surprised if anything happened in October, with possibility of stricter lockdown during School holidays to try get the numbers down.

Oh dear!

It appears that Fife Council have been allowing the stock car racing to run at Cowdenbeath, for a number of weeks! I do not think anyone should be hauled over the coals for this, and think this should be embraced as an experiment to see if anyone has actually contracted the virus through attending this, and if there is any footage available, see how distancing rules were being followed.

Think most of the team would have run home to mammy yday if fans were in

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Oh dear!

It appears that Fife Council have been allowing the stock car racing to run at Cowdenbeath, for a number of weeks! I do not think anyone should be hauled over the coals for this, and think this should be embraced as an experiment to see if anyone has actually contracted the virus through attending this, and if there is any footage available, see how distancing rules were being followed.
    They have, since 21st Sept, but it's been behind closed doors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)