+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: United vs Livi 02/10/20

I'm a positive guy but that was painful, hope I'm wrong but my gut tells me that was Shankland's last game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I thought we were pretty good away v Motherwell who finished 3rd last season and BATTERED the Sheep at Pittodrie 0-3?.
    That probably was a decent performance. Pity the majority of the others have been dire.

Still stand by my points.

MM hasn't made much of a difference
    If we don't sign better players it'll be the same pish for the majority of the season
    I'm worried about what Shanks will be thinking
    Connelly is a brain dead chunt

We simply have no one, not one f*cking person to put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and take the game by the scruff of the neck. I'm sick of going on about the two in midfield when some on here can't see past them, but when you see decent central midfielders play, they come deep for the ball, they take the ball of the defence and they look to get things moving. Our two are happy shirking that responsibly. Happy to let the two centre halves punt the ball forward to absolutely no one. Happy to throw their hands in the air when we let a centre half waltz through on goal and tap one in from 6 yards. It's pathetic. We need signings and we have three days to make it happen or we're up sh*t creek because that was a relegation performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Is it no about time MM got Connolly away ti fk and maybe put Butcher(who is clearly out his depth in midfield)back to centre half?

We were miles away from what Livingston are........Livingston FFS
    Mate that to me is our only option. If we sign Fuchs then Butcher has to be at CB and get Connolly so far to f uck

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsox View Post
    I take it,Paul McMullen is shsgging Mrs Mellon
    McMullan can't cross and has the shot of a six year old girl. Good a running with the ball, good at one on one's with the keeper and better than what was out there tonight.
    We seriously need someone to find a killer pass. No creativity in midfield.
    Connelly a liability on and off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Also the same group of players that went up to Dingwall and won and competed well against Celtic for 85 odd minutes.

But as many have said that was Czabaesque tonight. Terrible doesn't begin to cover it.
    Oh i agree with you 100% mate,we were FN awful,FACT.I am only saying we would NEVER have won AWAY v the 3rd best team in Scotland with Neilson in charge,FACT.

As bad as I've seen us in recent yearsor certainly up there with the worst.

The midfield is non existent and not up to required standard. Connolly is an absolute bombscare. Mcmullen and Appere not playing is bizarre and the subs should have been made after 55 minutes.

Too busy concentrating on our shape or lack of to even think about attacking. No pace. No plan.

Too many red flag performances this season already. Mellon needs to take a good look at himself with the current dross he is serving the fans at the minute.

FAO Robbie Nielson....please please take Connolly from us.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Sorry but Mellons no impressing me. This persisting with Connolly, these formations that leave us exposed, not changing the game quick enough, reluctance to play appere and McMullan nah I’m sorry I’m not impressed
    We've seen some scheit in the last few years and that performance tonight was right up there with the worst of them

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Sorry you have lost me?,read it again mate,it does make sense honest.
    Sorry GB - I misunderstood thought you meant we had beaten Motherwell away and then beat the sheep

Realise now you mean Motherwell beat the sheep.

All understood now 🙈😂

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I'm a positive guy but that was painful, hope I'm wrong but my gut tells me that was Shankland's last game for us.
    He didn't exactly put himself in the shop window tonight, I expect him to be in tangerine on Tuesday myself.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)