+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: United vs Livi 02/10/20

United vs Livi 02/10/20

Anyone know why we are playing on Friday evening rather than Sat afternoon?

I though maybe it was due to being live on Alba, but it doesn't appear on their schedule???

4 games on Friday for some bizarre reason??

I think it's a mix of league Cup group games starting Tues/Wed plus Scotland playing next weekend, there are two league games Sunday but those teams are then playing Europe Thurs so won't be involved in league cup...

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think it's a mix of league Cup group games starting Tues/Wed plus Scotland playing next weekend, there are two league games Sunday but those teams are then playing Europe Thurs so won't be involved in league cup...
    Ah yes we have 3 games in 6 days for betfred cup starting on wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Anyone know why we are playing on Friday evening rather than Sat afternoon?

I though maybe it was due to being live on Alba, but it doesn't appear on their schedule???
    I asked this question on Tek yesterday.

It's due to the Scotland game apparently, all games were meant to be on Friday night but as the infirm are still in Europe their games have been put back to the Sunday because they have games on Thursday night.

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole thing though as they probably have more international players than the rest of the teams combined 😂

Win v Livi and we push on. It's not a must win by any means but definitely falls into the category of really need to be winning to stay mid table.

FWIW I think we will win it but we need to be converting our chances better, that includes you Nicky....

Will MM bring Connolly back in, I don't think he will, a start on the bench for him I'd have thought. Clark and Shankland showing signs of the good partnership from last season.

Looking like we have reverted to a back 4 since Chalmers has cemented his place on the right flank. Stick with Sporle and Robson on the left, give Harkes some shootie in practice and we're winning 2-0.

I don't see anyone really pushing on as such just now, think outside the top four it'll remain very tight

Obviously hope we win on Friday but can't see it being anything but close like most of the games so far

A couple signings though will help going forward as we haven't really made any compared to most, like the sound of the Fuchs signing of it happens

I meant in terms of building confidence and momentum and I do see us pushing on if we win. We could go above Killie and add 3 points to the gap between us and some of the teams below us.

Given we are playing Livi on grass this is the sort of games we have to be looking to win if we want to avoid dogfight come the end of the season. Actually thought Edwards did ok on Saturday. I'd probably start Clark given we are at home and should be on front foot, but remain to be convinced their is enough strength or pace in that pairing up top to make the ball stick.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Given we are playing Livi on grass this is the sort of games we have to be looking to win if we want to avoid dogfight come the end of the season. Actually thought Edwards did ok on Saturday. I'd probably start Clark given we are at home and should be on front foot, but remain to be convinced their is enough strength or pace in that pairing up top to make the ball stick.
    Dont have the stats but I believe we won more with Clark and Shankland together than without, can't see him starting anyone over Clark. Appere can't break in just yet but maybe his time will come. And we do seem to be creating more now that the Clark Shankland partnership has been reestablished.

Unless we have injuries from Saturday I think he'll ask the same 11 to go again.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)