+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: United vs Livi 02/10/20

that was like the kind of pishy performance we got under Neilson in the championship when we would create one chance which Shankland would score, and the other teams would dominate possession but miss chances. Total dire, just hope we have some decent signings lined up because panic signings wont help.

What can you say about that!

MM seems to talk a good game, but any time I've watched us we've been absolutely dire. He's made absolutely no difference from Neilson I'd say. I can't see us being any worse off with any manager our performances have been so poor.

Until we sign a few players it'll be like this all season, no matter what any player or the manager spouts in the press.

The most worrying thing for me to take from the game is Shankland. What is he thinking about this pish? Will he stick around playing for this team, feeding off scraps and long balls?

Just seen the replay of the winner again. Connelly actually tried to take a touch away from the attacker. Brain dead chunt.

Lawrence Shankland.....please find yourself a new club....we will only hold you back. All we have this year is leaks to Scott F#ckin Burns that we might be signing a player. We will not get you a player to set you up....we will not get you a player that will be able to pass you a ball. We love you but we need to let you go! Absolutely toothless display and the body language from the players suggest that they have already settled for just hoping that Shankland will eventually them out sh*t.

Never fails to amaze me how a while team can be utter ****e at the same time. Not a single positive tonight. Im old enough to remember when managers were able to change things during a game & get something going. But nowadays you just see the same utter **** for the entire game. Absolutely scunnered by that tonight

Well done Deniz, only one tonight to get pass marks,too many anonymous bodies out there and that's as bad as I've seen us for a long long time.

Well done to Livi though,was quite impressed by them tonight and fully deserved the 3 points but if it wasn't for that hopeless fkr Connolly(again) we might have got an undeserved point.

If Shankland spends the whole 90 minutes on the bench for Scotland in their forthcoming game he'll still see more of the ball than he did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Mellon quote

"I love football and I really love watching my team perform at the minute," he said.

"I'm loving watching their improvement and how they are attacking. I'm loving their attitude in training every day and their appetite to get better."

"Without wishing my days away - which my old mam used to warn me about, "take your time Michael," she'd say - but I am looking forward to Friday coming around because, and I may be biased being the manager, but I think Dundee United are quite an exciting team to watch."

I love this guy - how could you not want to do the biz if he was your manager? and what a refreshing change from last 6 years or so.
    I like Mellon.

Sadly though we didn’t live up to this quote.

It was absolute garbage.

Harkes and the midfield generally unable to find time on the ball whole night.

Connolly now surely has thrown in one gaffe too many

it was rank defending from Edwards and Connolly.

Not really a fair result it should have been even worse,we nearly escaped with a point but they looked like a top flight european side tonight and totally bossed it.
    I would like to think that the people running my club will realise that we are still a bit short in the midfield and rectify that before Jim the Hun removes his yellow tie.

I like Mellon and in no way am I suggesting we get rid but I find it very very worrying his quotes that we are an exciting team to watch.....we’ve been murder in most games. Our possession has been better (tonight aside!) but we have looked pedestrian and boring with it!

If he honestly thinks we’ve been good and or exciting then he’s deluded.....otherwise he’s blatantly lying!

Time for the club to back him and buy some actual premiership quality footballers instead of clowns like Connolly

Jeeezus that was f*ckin awful. 11 shots from them to our 1 is a disgrace ar home.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)