+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Garlick's swansong

Mr Garlick's swansong

If i sell Tarkowski for 40 million that will a great bonus before the so called takeover thus leaving Sean Dyche with more team selection headaches and only 2 weeks to deadline day. why couldnt Mr Garlick have sorted this weeks ago and give some funds to 1 if not the best manager of all time for a while to strengthen our squad

Hi Mick, you'll need to read more of the threads to see our views.

many a time S.D has reminded us, its how Burnley work, the Burnley way.....how he's used to it...and makes do etc - it's nothing new for him...and if really wasn't content in it - he would've been gone some time ago - he knows the coffer has rules that'll narrows his scope and in turn the Burnley game (we've suffered enough of it) so it would be nice to see it freed up - see what he can really do - if he can remember what's outside of that well worn and unvaried echo, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick dundee View Post
    If i sell Tarkowski for 40 million that will a great bonus before the so called takeover thus leaving Sean Dyche with more team selection headaches and only 2 weeks to deadline day. why couldnt Mr Garlick have sorted this weeks ago and give some funds to 1 if not the best manager of all time for a while to strengthen our squad
    Toekowski is agitating for a move and that is not Garlick's fault - blame the player and his agent.

From last season's squad we have only not replaced Lennon. Norris for Hart, Stephens for Hendrick.

I still am waiting for Dyche to come out with the name of a targeted player he wants Garlick to stump up for.

Our PR is bloody rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Toekowski is agitating for a move and that is not Garlick's fault - blame the player and his agent.

From last season's squad we have only not replaced Lennon. Norris for Hart, Stephens for Hendrick.

I still am waiting for Dyche to come out with the name of a targeted player he wants Garlick to stump up for.

Our PR is bloody rubbish.
    Your right BT but we were short last season and managed to get away with it , we’re short now but have injuries that are going to implode us , We’ve been here before fail to
    Prepare , prepare to fail.

I might be wrong and we may survive this season as well but it won’t last for ever not on a shoe string wing and a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Your right BT but we were short last season and managed to get away with it , we’re short now but have injuries that are going to implode us , We’ve been here before fail to
    Prepare , prepare to fail.

I might be wrong and we may survive this season as well but it won’t last for ever not on a shoe string wing and a prayer.
    Truthfully army88, I think we will struggle to stay up this season. We look like a busted flush to me.

Truthfully army88, I think we will struggle to stay up this season. We look like a busted flush to me.
    Aye, we look like busted flush to me as well, but to be honest I thought the same a year ago, and the year before that as well.

I have been saying for the last 3 seasons that every season would get worse (regardless of how high we finish) if we didnt invest properly in the squad/team and that our luck would run out sooner or later, some thought my feelings/views were laughable and said so.

Like Army says, we may be lucky (again) and survive this year, but the writing on the wall gets clearer and clearer every season and still mistakes and lack of investment are obvious, that's why I call Mike Garlick a used car salesman, because he's showing how great he is at being Cack Handed.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Aye, we look like busted flush to me as well, but to be honest I thought the same a year ago, and the year before that as well.
    This year seems different sinkov. We already look tired and out of sorts and the Dyche/Garlick "disconnect" is not helping matters either.

This year seems different sinkov. We already look tired and out of sorts and the Dyche/Garlick "disconnect" is not helping matters either.
    Still running with the excuses ? God Bless You.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)