+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Come home Marek

10 points.
    Yes a great book, read it a couple of times, saw things init 2nd time that I missed 1st time.
    Read a few of his others too. But I thought cider house rules was the best.
    From what I remember most of his books were about / set in New England. His first though “setting free the bears” was in Europe, his first novel I think, hard work it was.
    Last edited by millersrus; 29-09-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Disappointed. Thought of MC and Cider House Rules, seen the film but didn't remember the bit about Alzheimer's. Some good actors in the film on their way up.

I don’t remember it being in the film also, not possible for a film to fit in all of the book. It had the main theme in i suppose, but that book had so much going on.

Good review. The book is so full of interesting characters and incidents that it's easy to forget something like the Alzheimer piece (which I did; it was only when you gave the Michael Caine and Kirsty McColl song references that I dredged up the book.) I've only read The World According to Garp of his other books and can't actually remember much about it - certainly not as much as Cider House.

Tobey Maguire, who played the other main lead in the film version, of course went on to great fame as Spiderman. Caine, I thought was pretty good and captured the role of the doctor in a so-so adaptation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345