+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mane tonight- Definitely Red

Mane tonight- Definitely Red

One rule for one and one for another. Makes me sick. The foul he committed was a red card. There was no doubt in my mind. If that was a player from a lesser team, he would have gone , of that I’m certain. With all the technology available , referee Craig Pawson chose to ignore it. Not even looking at the pitch side monitor to reassess the foul. It borders on corruption to say the least. Everyone knows it and is one of the reasons the PL is not compulsive viewing. Games change on decisions such as these. It’s a pity the right one wasn’t chosen.

Crap innit.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    One rule for one and one for another. Makes me sick. The foul he committed was a red card. There was no doubt in my mind. If that was a player from a lesser team, he would have gone , of that I’m certain. With all the technology available , referee Craig Pawson chose to ignore it. Not even looking at the pitch side monitor to reassess the foul. It borders on corruption to say the least. Everyone knows it and is one of the reasons the PL is not compulsive viewing. Games change on decisions such as these. It’s a pity the right one wasn’t chosen.
    It’s a complete KOP out

Posted other day that the longer it goes with Var the worse our game will get , they should use it for offsides only.
    The people watching on screens have their team or favourites etc and we have just handed them a get out of jail free card for doing exactly as you say in original post.

I was originally for Var but the longer it goes the worse it gets, it’s just like politics full of corrupt individuals who are manipulative.

Completely with you , if your going to have it make it the same for everyone and every team and take the human bias - emotion out of it.

In the modern game, it should have been a red card, just as Andy Carroll should have received against Brighton the previous week. STrange thing is that Craig Pawson was refereeing last night and he was the VAR at the Newcastle game, therefore, we can only assume that he doesn't consider this sort of thing as deserving of a red card.
    In the game I used to play it would have been a talking to and watch what you are doing, however, the game has changed that much these days.

It will continue to deteriorate because VAR will continue to be used, as per FIFA directions, and the game will become even more sterile and, in spite of all the efforts of the law makers and those ruining the game, it will never, ever, be 100% perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    In the modern game, it should have been a red card, just as Andy Carroll should have received against Brighton the previous week. STrange thing is that Craig Pawson was refereeing last night and he was the VAR at the Newcastle game, therefore, we can only assume that he doesn't consider this sort of thing as deserving of a red card.
    In the game I used to play it would have been a talking to and watch what you are doing, however, the game has changed that much these days.

It will continue to deteriorate because VAR will continue to be used, as per FIFA directions, and the game will become even more sterile and, in spite of all the efforts of the law makers and those ruining the game, it will never, ever, be 100% perfect!
    I'm all for progress and technology if it helps , but as far as I can see all we've done is fuel the pundits talking points and as you say the games gone backwards , as I said previously it just human opinion like a referee so we can do away with the geeks watching in offices away , keep the technology by all means but just let the ref decide if he needs to look at critical decisions.

am unsure about the elbow - seems to hit his shoulder - so dont' see Red there.....however, there's a fist as his arm extends....thats the more likely one for me.

vid here - http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/0...y-yellow-card/

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I'm all for progress and technology if it helps , but as far as I can see all we've done is fuel the pundits talking points and as you say the games gone backwards , as I said previously it just human opinion like a referee so we can do away with the geeks watching in offices away , keep the technology by all means but just let the ref decide if he needs to look at critical decisions.
    Sadly, army, they will not change anything because FIFA believe that it is the English game that has been out of line with what they want. Very sad indeed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)