+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devante Cole?

Devante Cole?

The whispers have started. .

With quite a few youngsters going out on loan I wouldn't be surprised if we add a face or two before the window shuts. If we are indeed looking at bring Cole back that doesn't say much for some of existing strikers. I would have thought we'd be more concerned at bolstering our midfield or defence though.

Bigger concern for me is losing Campbell in this transfer window or the next. Priority has to be to get him signed on a new deal now If he isn’t interested in signing one then we have to take steps to get his replacement in now and make sure replacement is equal to the job in hand. Not just a signing to placate the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Bigger concern for me is losing Campbell in this transfer window or the next. Priority has to be to get him signed on a new deal now If he isn’t interested in signing one then we have to take steps to get his replacement in now and make sure replacement is equal to the job in hand.
    Robbie Crawford?

On one hand not hugely surprising but on the other utterly damning...he improved to merely rotten when here first time and signing another forward when we already have about 400 is a damning statement about them.

However, I am pleased Robinson will swallow his pride and improve the attack if possible but I'm far from convinced DC will do that.

Like others, I would have thought priorities lie elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Bigger concern for me is losing Campbell in this transfer window or the next. Priority has to be to get him signed on a new deal now If he isn’t interested in signing one then we have to take steps to get his replacement in now and make sure replacement is equal to the job in hand. Not just a signing to placate the fans.
    Mmm ... DC signing to 'placate the fans'? Might be missing something Tex, but it would not for 1 iota placate myself, or my mates. I've heard AC is offski following the latest drubbing from The Rangers. Lot's of good news around these days ain't there ?!

On assumption Robinson was aware Lang’s attibutes, have we signed purely to provide completion ?
    In July wrote ....

“I’m really pleased to get Callum signed,” said manager Stephen Robinson.
    We’ve tried a few times to get him before, so we’re delighted to have been able to this time.
    “He can play anywhere across the front three. He will add more goals and creativity to our front line, and add more competition for places.”

Therefore, I ask WHY are we considering another forward (Cole) when we have NINE to select from and Lang rarely starts.
    Robinson an absolute clown who although not purchased players, we do pay them a (wasted) salary to sit on bench.

We need a number 2 keeper as back up to Carson and if possible a right sided full back/ midfielder before we need to go out and sign another forward unless we hope to shift on some of those we already have

I don't think there's much doubt we'll be looking to shift folk on...a 'highlight' video of Hylton appeared on YouTube the other day which was clearly the work of his agent.

Whether we're successful or not, who knows...but Robinson/the club had a good spell of moving on contracted deadwood when he arrived, fingers crossed they've not lost the knack.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I don't think there's much doubt we'll be looking to shift folk on...a 'highlight' video of Hylton appeared on YouTube the other day which was clearly the work of his agent.
    Brings up recollection of the video he had up when we signed him ... it was obvious to me then that he wouldn’t cut it in the SPL ... can’t imagine there’s many clips from his time here that will make a better impression.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)