+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Struber leaving Barnsley

Absolute basket case of a club.

Dont ever forget the high and mighty moral superiority that some of the MM interlopers have displayed over the years.

Theres a perfect storm brewing up in judville:

1. Total disconnect between club and supporters.
    2. Season tickets sold just to keep the club afloat financially (their CEO said money would run out in July) - and yet a very real possibility that fans wont be allowed back this season resulting in potentially significant season ticket refunds.
    3. One shareholder taking the others to court over unpaid monies owed.
    4. An aging ground in need of significant upgrades.
    5. A manager who, it appears, is sat brooding in the departure lounge.

And yet you will still meet dingles who look down their nose at wigan, and other clubs (including us), and who honestly believe that BFC has always been self sufficient (the patrick cryne underwriting being totally lost on them) and actually hold BFC up as how to do things the right way!

Those same fans also genuinely believe that the owners are multi billionaires. Hmmm, they need to come and see me because I have some magic beans for sale!

The warning signs were there when several clubs turned down the approaches of the charlatans prior to patrick cryne accepting their offer and sold up. Poor sid was terminally ill. There was a ticking clock.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    As long as they don't nick our manager millersrus..it has happened before...
    Yes it has Roly. That was when we were in League 2, with no ground and a Chairman who was just finding his way as a football chief. Both Chairman, Manager and Club have grown up in the last few years and now there is parity with Barnsley, albeit their Academy has reaped huge financial gains in previous years which still have some clout.

In terms of whether Paul Warne would be tempted to move up the road to Oakwell, the only reason I can see would be purely financial. Everyone has a price but I honestly do not think that is where Warney's main concerns are at the moment. I think that he feels he has a point to prove in the Championship with the Millers. But why risk what he has with us by going to a club in some kind of turmoil? The grass was greener when Robins left with nearly all his staff, but at this moment in time I know what I would do if the Tykes came a calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Yes it has Roly. That was when we were in League 2, with no ground and a Chairman who was just finding his way as a football chief. Both Chairman, Manager and Club have grown up in the last few years and now there is parity with Barnsley, albeit their Academy has reaped huge financial gains in previous years which still have some clout.

In terms of whether Paul Warne would be tempted to move up the road to Oakwell, the only reason I can see would be purely financial. Everyone has a price but I honestly do not think that is where Warney's main concerns are at the moment. I think that he feels he has a point to prove in the Championship with the Millers. But why risk what he has with us by going to a club in some kind of turmoil? The grass was greener when Robins left with nearly all his staff, but at this moment in time I know what I would do if the Tykes came a calling.
    I can see only two ways Warne would leave Rotherham,the sack or if Norwich came calling.

Yes everybody has a price but there's factors of betterment and progress also.

Barnsley and Rotherham will have an equivalence for many seasons to come barring either or both going bust, so there would be no real advancement for Warne in moving to Barnsley

Plus he would have to sell up in Tickhill and move far away to avoid the abuse that would come his way

Talking of the sack, there was a guy on Hawksbee & Jacobs on Talk Sport this afternoon, who had set up a Go Fund Me page, the proceeds of which go towards Kenny Jackett getting sacked.
    Apparently the implication was that the club (Pompey) couldn’t afford to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Talking of the sack, there was a guy on Hawksbee & Jacobs on Talk Sport this afternoon, who had set up a Go Fund Me page, the proceeds of which go towards Kenny Jackett getting sacked.
    😂
    Ridiculous imo

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Just checked the GoFundMe page and there's a large donation on there from someone just calling himself TS

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just checked the GoFundMe page and there's a large donation on there from someone just calling himself TS
    😂😂😂

Time you started drinking Lager GKW , instead of being a Bitter man / Childish with all your name calling , Grow up , we are local rivals thats all , don't make such a big deal out of It, I don't know where this hatred of BFC has come from ? Personally i like the idea of us competing at a higher level , good for the Area , similar size Clubs , why are some showing so much hatred towards us ? And i have always wished you the Best , and still do , cut this Wendeysism out , Good luck ,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast