+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Another Saturday and another failure to hold on to a 1-0 lead late in a game. Why do all our games seem to end after 5pm? Was the ref waiting for an equaliser based on the fact that they probably 'deserved' one based on 74% possession? Tactical mistakes again by PW thinking we could shut up shop when an alternative approach might be better? Still, top half of the table can't be too bad can it?

Thoughts?

First game I have seen this season.

The omens are not good.

If I was a Hudersfield player I would be gutted for not wining that game by 3 clear goals. They just tore us apart down the right hand side. We offered nothing up front in the second half.

I have to say their goal was Ben Wiles fault. He had a great chance to hoof it up field 20 seconds before they scored but lost it.

Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    He wondered whether he should have gambled more.
    "After 70 minutes, do we take a point and ride the storm or do we roll the dice, put a striker on and have a right go?" he asked. "In the end, I went the coward's route thinking a point would do.

This is the bit that concerns me and will be our downfall yet again. In L1 how many late goals did we score and how many did we concede after 70 mins. We went for it and got the winner and we kept the opposition pressed in their half. In the Champ we try and sit back and keep it in the corner when there's still 10 mins to go and don't try and get another goal and secure the win. We go negative, try and keep the points we have, invite pressure and inevitably concede. It was so frustrating to watch. Lets be more positive.
    I refer to my previous message. We will do this all season and we will loose a lot of points trying to keep the points we have.

Fuming.
    Can live with Angus mistake but why sit back on one goal time and time again 😡

I am more gutted with myself. I had forgotten what it felt like to be pissed off on a Saturday.

Kicking myself for logging on to follow for the first time.

I'm not sure we have learnt from our mistakes in the Championship last time around.

If we keep trying to hold on to 1 goal leads like that we will go down again.

Too much panicking and not enough composure.

A noble effort, but I think we all saw that late goal coming. Five possible extra points spilled in the last three games. Frustrating, but still confident of a real chance to stop up.

Obviously a gutting way to end. Thought we would hold on but when you look at our performance over the 90 minutes we have to be doing more as the home team.

Great goal from Wiles so at least we have one from open play now.

When you sit back as we have seen time and time again you're asking to concede unfortunately. Demonstrated we still have that same mentality in us which is disappointing, not sure whether they were told to sit back or they just dropped back naturally, but sadly that is why we got relegated last time we were in this league, letting a huge amount of points go from winning positions.

Disappointed with how Hurst did today, didn't seem to offer much to the game. When Ladapo is contributing more to the team performance you know there's something wrong.

Positive is as CAM says we're in the top half of the table and Barnsley and Wycombe continue to lose matches, and we're still 12 points above Wednesday! Onwards and upwards, UTM!

...it say it was coming is an understatement but to happen like that......like a kick in the b*lls.

We missed Ogbenes' pace like you never knew, why leave Miller on the bench? I'd have put him on instead of Vassel. He would have chased the long balls out of defence better.

Why o why do we give the ball away so quickly, then invite more pressure all the time.

Trying to hold out against a good passing team is suicide, getting a bad habit already......

It's another point not sure we deserved but I will take it,Norwich up next watched them this morning if he drop deep against them we will get hammered but push them back like Derby did second half & we might get something out of it.They play some lovely football but no power.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast