+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get yer Jackett!

Get yer Jackett!

On Talksport this afternoon:
    That wonderful long-serving boss of ours, Mr Kenny, is now so hated by Portsmouth fans that when they heard the club couldn't afford to sack him after Covid, they have started a Crowd Funding bid to raise his pay-off money.
    Among other things, fans told the station they could no longer endure his 'dour and boring' football...
    What goes around comes around Mr Sack-it!

Thought he did a good job for us.

Don’t think we will ever know the true story Allegedly he was promised certain things by Tony Stewart and walked out when they weren’t forthcoming be it money for signings who knows don’t forget we had the Warnock situation the season before when we/he couldn’t make a decision about stopping 2 experienced managers who walked out on us and we ended up with Stubbs!
    Maybe he deserves the stick from Millers fans who knows

Paul Cook is the one Pompey fans want and he has said he regretted leaving Portsmouth,so it could well happen.

Taxi for Jackett.

Oh it’s getting oh so close now. Another home defeat today. How is he hanging on to his job?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Don’t think we will ever know the true story Allegedly he was promised certain things by Tony Stewart and walked out when they weren’t forthcoming be it money for signings who knows don’t forget we had the Warnock situation the season before when we/he couldn’t make a decision about stopping 2 experienced managers who walked out on us and we ended up with Stubbs!
    Maybe he deserves the stick from Millers fans who knows
    I heard it was because his wife couldn’t settle up North.

I think that was just a convenient excuse Loyal.
    He saw the dire straights we were in with no funding and he wanted a quick exit

Given the total Horlicks he’s made of it at Pompey I’m just glad, whatever the reason, he pissed off!

It couldn't have been over funds or transfers as he wasn't here in any transfer windows. There was a reason and it's not that exciting.. give it 3 month and he could be the dogs bowlax

in my opinion, he could see that we would go down and he did not want a relegation on his cv. The mans ego got in the way.