+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is possibly very simple life in ascending order of distance from the sun ......

Richard Dawkins is formidably 'cool'. He is the world's best known evolutionary biologist, his stance on all forms of religion has believers worldwide regarding him as an utter c­unt and he married a Doctor Who companion Llala Ward ('Romana') who he met at a party thrown by his mate Douglas Adams.

"A universe simple enough to be understood is too simple to produce a mind capable of understanding it."

As we're playing Barrow on Saturday is it time to air the "Groucho Marx effect"?

Anyway, Barrow's interpretation of the Drake equation results in either 1 or <1 civilizations per galaxy.

So you believe in evolution then EQ. Whats evolution then? Its not something you can see, smell, hear, or taste, or set light to. There is something that sees all and engineers creation, so that it can exist in the conditions it finds itself in.

It is you and Dawkins that shut yourselves off to logic and evidence.

Not me.

You fail to acknowledge the existence of an afterlife, so all you are doing if feeding your prejudice. There you are, looking for evidence of life on other planets while denying it exists at all beyond a physical one, while evolution churns out modified life all the time., from a well of life that has no end. Surely evolution surpasses death?, and exists beyond it?

Why bother trying to find evidence of life elsewhere when lifes only purpose is to melt way like snow in sunshine.? Its like looking for an extinct species by the extinct species. It has no future and is surely pointless.

Which it is, but i look at it differently than you. I would much rather make Hitler look like a boy scout in regards to genocide, than live and die pointlessly as in your view. Not only make Hitler look like a boy scout, but try and surpass it next time.

Maybe we could have a league table of bad boys,

1. Psaw,
    2. psaw
    3 Psaw.
    4 Hitler.

Psaw, you state that I believe in evolution, thus missing the point entirely. Evolution is not a matter of belief, it is scientific fact for which there is an overwhelming amount of evidence which proves it. You state that something is fundamentally responsible for evolution, which although you do not state specifically what it is on this occasion, you believe is God. This is once again the more than ridiculed God Of The Gaps argument. We do not fully know how life started, we are beginning to discover what caused the Big Bang. Thus these things being as yet unexplained are attributed to God by some people, instead of being correctly categorised as being of unknown origin. Science is not a matter of belief.

There are also similarly 'Aliens Of The Gaps'. 95% of UFO sightings are definitively identified as being of Earth terrestrial origin or other phenomena such as weather / light conditions etc. The other 5% are unexplained. To the believer in these matters these are alien craft.
    Whereas the reality is that they are unexplained. It is a monumental leap to go from unexplained to alien. As the late Carl Sagan put it "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

I make no assertion that there is no afterlife. There is no evidence/proof that there either is or is not an afterlife. I merely state that I do not believe that there is an afterlife. Similarly I make no assertion that there are no fairies and no leprechauns. I merely state that I do not believe that there are fairies and leprechauns. When the necessary evidence / proof of the existence of fairies and leprechauns is produced it will of course no longer be a matter of belief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)