+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tarky Training

I've no worries about Tarko, he will be playing for his own personal pride, to impress any big club that might be looking for a CB in January, and to impress Gareth enough to put him back in the England squad. All this kissing the badge stuff is pure PR bollox, they all play for themselves and there's enough there to ensure he'll be as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Explodes a lot of the anti - "Garlick Myths" though.

He's obviously not "lining his own pocket", nor is he behaving like a bad "Used Car Salesman".
    You really need to take those Garlick tinted Glass' off BT, the current events in the last few days have done absolutely nothing to put Garlick in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    alto ---I think that it is 25% of the sell on fee that was agreed and not £27.5 million because that would be ludicrous!
    With transfers not being disclosed its hard to know what is the truth, 27.5 %, 25% even 20% and I feel we have been silly, even if we got him cheaper than what we should have as even 20% seems to be a loan shark attitude by Brentford, and Burnley for letting it happen after we always claim to be skint, if the figures are correct Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    With transfers not being disclosed its hard to know what is the truth, 27.5 %, 25% even 20% and I feel we have been silly, even if we got him cheaper than what we should have as even 20% seems to be a loan shark attitude by Brentford, and Burnley for letting it happen after we always claim to be skint, if the figures are correct Sub.
    Agents, alto. they rule the roost and are involved because the player has one and the two clubs dealing also have their agents. It is a crazy world and works way outside normal business conventions. The way this is worked is that the agent gets his deal first time up and then gets more when his player moves again.

Take a realistic look at the situation.Football along with everything else is in a mess,Championship,Leagues 1 & 2 and non League Clubs are in dire straits until they can get their supporters back in to the grounds but this is very unlikely in the short or medium term.The general public are aware that at the top end football is awash with money,ridiculous sums are paid for good players and salaries are obscene.The Gov't may help but the EPL,FA & Football League are going to have to get together and come up with a plan.This is likely to mean that EPL Clubs will be hard hit financially and what happens in that situation is similar to what happens in other crises,Cash is king.We have cash but we must also stay in this League.Garlick turns down bids for Tarkowski AT THE MOMENT,he helps us stay in this division and we review the position before the next transfer window.Mr Garlick has my full support,we are in unknown territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Tarkowski had downed tools, but the Bees held the nap hand contract wise and were quite happy to put him on gardening leave. Dyche wanted him, we paid £3.5 million and the sell-on is 27.5%, and I got that information straight from the horses mouth. NDA prevents me from naming the source , but I am 100% certain that was the case.

In retrospect it was the best we could do and Brentford are in a different league transfer nous/wise to us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Tarkowski had downed tools, but the Bees held the nap hand contract wise and were quite happy to put him on gardening leave. Dyche wanted him, we paid £3.5 million and the sell-on is 27.5%, and I got that information straight from the horses mouth. NDA prevents me from naming the source , but I am 100% certain that was the case.

In retrospect it was the best we could do and Brentford are in a different league transfer nous/wise to us.
    BT --that is exactly the way that it works, however, nous/wise doesn't even come into it because the agents, on all sides, do the necessary and screw as much as possible for their own pockets. Simple fact is that we wanted Tarkowski, we paid the negotiated price and what transpires from now is another thing, however, his agent will not miss out!

Tarky starts tonight .

Tarky is not playing well tonight....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)