+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On another subject

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    FM on TV just now. 2,520 people have died having tested positive for Covid-19 in the preceeding 28 days. Realistically you can assume 25% (maybe more) of those would have died of their pre existing conditions anyway (28 days is a long time) in the more than six months now that they've been miscounting and misleading.

25% of 2,520 is 1,890 therefore that 1,890 represents, in six months remember, a mortality rate for this highly lethal virus of 0.034%.

Quick Google check reveals that in 2018 16,153 people died with cancer (I'm using 'with' as it's possible some cancer deaths were directly caused by other things). In six months it's probably fair to assume 8,076 cancer deaths which is 0.15% of the population - more than 4 times the mortality rate.

A 'typical' annual mortality rate in Scotland - all causes - is around 1.15%

This virus is no more lethal than any other cause of mortality in this country, probably less so in fact. So why are so many businesses being forced to close putting more and more people into poverty?

Answer - New vaccines which will be mass produced and we'll all be coerced into buying because we'll be told we'll die if we don't.

By the way I'm ignoring illness without death because the economy already accounts for loss of time due to illness. Without even doing any analysis I doubt the number of hospital admissions and hours lost at work was any more in the last six months than it would have been without Covid. Let's face it the hospitals are empty and nobody even bothers going to their GP any more because of the hoops you have to jump through just to get an interview with a nurse practitioner.
    GPS are now almost redundant, in football terms the gp is the goalie but you have to get through an impenetrable defence to get to him/her.

You can really only get dentistry if you are prepared to pay for the dentists PPE and regular hospital clinics are finished and screening is in abayance.

Thank God we saved the NHS 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No I would purchase a cheaper house and improve it, never had a brand new house, came close once.

I'd assume the houses would be seperate from any stadium and be mostly social.

On a seperate note the houses around Rugby Park are still kept fairly nice butcant think of many other grounds in scotland that has decent housing around the ground....maybe Ayr.

Crem in dundee is a bit of a dump, they cud do with competition.

The Catholic burial thing is a wee bit old school, I've no intention of taking up a real prime piece of estate....ashes to ashes.
    A year past May I was at a display in Downfield Golf Club of the proposed new housing development on the site of their former par 3 nine hole golf course.
    Springfield Homes are planning to build houses on the site. I asked their representative why there were no social houses being built on the site as local authorities normally insist that 20% of a new housing development is at an affordable price.
    Their representative told me that Dundee City Council do not have this stipulation.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited will not receive much for that part of Campy Nou is social housing is being built on it.
    I do not know the last time you were at a funeral in the Crem at Macalpine Road as two years ago £400,000 was spent doing it up.
    You obviously do not read the death notices on the Dct my announcements website.
    I suggest that you take a look at it. You can look back for several years where it states where the funeral service and burial if applicable is taking place.

Just had to turn off the BBC 1 programme Politics Scotland.

Guy unashamedly announce around 600 'cases' of Covid-19 reported in the last 24 hours. What he meant of course was around 600 'positive tests', the vast majority of which will never produce any symptoms and so should not be considered as 'cases'.

This is how they twist the data to suit the story rather than taking the story from the data.

The next big health fiasco will be the number of people who die from cancer because they could not get a referral from 23rd March until July. No doubt the numbers will be covered up by the ‘powers that be’.
    Several weeks ago I managed to get an appointment with my GP over the phone.
    I do not understand why I can get a ‘face to face’ appointment with a nurse at my surgery but I cannot get a ‘face to face’ appointment with my GP. How can my GP sound my chest over the phone.
    The whole thing is crazy.
    If GPs do not want patients coming to the surgery for a ‘face to face’ appointment then the GP will have to travel to their patient’s house to carry out their examination.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    A year past May I was at a display in Downfield Golf Club of the proposed new housing development on the site of their former par 3 nine hole golf course.
    Springfield Homes are planning to build houses on the site. I asked their representative why there were no social houses being built on the site as local authorities normally insist that 20% of a new housing development is at an affordable price.
    Their representative told me that Dundee City Council do not have this stipulation.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited will not receive much for that part of Campy Nou is social housing is being built on it.
    I do not know the last time you were at a funeral in the Crem at Macalpine Road as two years ago £400,000 was spent doing it up.
    You obviously do not read the death notices on the Dct my announcements website.
    I suggest that you take a look at it. You can look back for several years where it states where the funeral service and burial if applicable is taking place.
    If you live on Islay, and do not intend moving to Dundee soon and buying a property there, why would you bother attending that display and asking the question? It doesn't concern you. Seems an odd thing to do.

Why would anyone go on any DCT site? And why would anyone want to rake through death notices to establish the numbers using the crematorium. Again, odd.

Guy unashamedly announce around 600 'cases' of Covid-19 reported in the last 24 hours. What he meant of course was around 600 'positive tests', the vast majority of which will never produce any symptoms and so should not be considered as 'cases'.

This is how they twist the data to suit the story rather than taking the story from the data.
    I never watch Nippy and her sidekicks on BBC at 12.15pm nor the Politics Scotland programme.
    I type in channel 961 and I get BBC England East. They have never changed their programme schedule with Bargain Hunt at 12.15pm and the Hairy Bikers Best of British at 2.30pm which my wife is currently watching.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Slightly aside but I don't think has to be built on the site, just as long as they build it or provide funds for it to be built.....cud be wrong though, buildings no meh thing.

January....still thought it was at worst a dump at best uncared for.

Last time I was at a burial of a human was 5 years or so ago, been to about half a dozen creationism that time.

Burials may well "die out😁 as family plots fill up.

The whole media are briefed as to what to say ,the fact you have to look for a balanced debate elsewhere says it all , noticed a hospital in Wales has suspended cancer operations can you imagine how you and your family would feel ,just unbelievable getting that news but supposedly justifiable.

Seems the NHS is hanging about waiting on cases while doing Tik Tok videos and not treating confirmed serious illnesses.

Trying to type and watch danni menzies at same time.....dosent work.

If you live on Islay, and do not intend moving to Dundee soon and buying a property there, why would you bother attending that display and asking the question? It doesn't concern you. Seems an odd thing to do.

Why would anyone go on any DCT site? And why would anyone want to rake through death notices to establish the numbers using the crematorium. Again, odd.
    Deeranged
    I was a member of Downfield Golf Club for 39 years and I still take an interest in what is happening at my former golf club.
    Last May I was at the funeral at the Crem of a Downfield GC member who was a very good friend of my father.
    At the wake several Downfield members told me about the new housing development on the site of
    the former par 3 golf course and that the plans were on display in the clubhouse for members of the public to view.
    After the wake my wife and I took a trip up to the golf club to see the plans.
    I look at the DCT my announcements site to see if I recognise anyone who has died.
    It saves embarrassment at a later date.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)