+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On another subject

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    The whole media are briefed as to what to say ,the fact you have to look for a balanced debate elsewhere says it all , noticed a hospital in Wales has suspended cancer operations can you imagine how you and your family would feel ,just unbelievable getting that news but supposedly justifiable.

Seems the NHS is hanging about waiting on cases while doing Tik Tok videos and not treating confirmed serious illnesses.
    I find the whole "protect the nhs" quite hypocritical.....they are supposed to protect and care for us.....that's what we have paid for.....it's not free after all.

Cancer referalls already 20% down......the shutdown of the nhs will eventually kill far more than covid.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Deeranged
    I was a member of Downfield Golf Club for 39 years and I still take an interest in what is happening at my former golf club.
    Last May I was at the funeral at the Crem of a Downfield GC member who was a very good friend of my father.
    At the wake several Downfield members told me about the new housing development on the site of
    the former par 3 golf course and that the plans were on display in the clubhouse for members of the public to view.
    After the wake my wife and I took a trip up to the golf club to see the plans.
    I look at the DCT my announcements site to see if I recognise anyone who has died.
    It saves embarrassment at a later date.
    Thanks for the polite and clear response.

I now see why you would take an interest in the development.

I personally haven't read a DCT publication or website for many, many years with one exception. My dog went missing in Glen Clova and was away for five days (four nights), it was all over social media and there were several groups of people out every day looking for him. The Courier phoned me for an interview when he finally turned up and sent a photographer round to the house. I asked someone to go into the local newsagent tom get me a copy of The Courier so that I could read it. I wasn't buying that rag myself although I did reimburse the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I find the whole "protect the nhs" quite hypocritical.....they are supposed to protect and care for us.....that's what we have paid for.....it's not free after all.

Cancer referalls already 20% down......the shutdown of the nhs will eventually kill far more than covid.
    Only quite hypocritical?

Hippocratic oaths have been broken right, left and centre - the sick are being left to their ailments whilst the NHS takes time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Only quite hypocritical?

Hippocratic oaths have been broken right, left and centre - the sick are being left to their ailments whilst the NHS takes time out.
    I'd produce a tik tok video dance routine to portray how hypocritical.....but can't be arsed.

They are already preparing the public for a post covid nhs....ie less of everything....whilst chunky pay rises for all.

Public/private split developing as I mentioned weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Highland League have delayed their start date for this season by six weeks from 17th October to 28th November.
    I read in another article on the BBC website the Chairman of Stenhousemuir FC could lose £100,000 this season if no fans are allowed in to matches. He further added that they will burn through everything they have have by then. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54264389
    Stenhousemuir FC are a part time club who have learnt to survive on homes gates of about 300 spectators.
    How will full time clubs manage to survive without spectators being admitted to their home games.
    Livingston and Hamilton Accies are very dependent on the income from Away supporters to help balance their books as each club has only about 1,000 fans.
    Directors will have to pump in money into their football club or some of them will go bust.
    Hopefully

Don't think save our NHS will be the slogan. It is running out of steam IMO. Lord Sumption, Peter's go to legal expert, said that at the height of the first covid wave only 42% NHS covidbeds were occupied and that did not include the Nightingale hospitals. I don't see how The Sage experts can keep getting away with panic creating announcements.

I personally haven't read a DCT publication or website for many, many years with one exception. My dog went missing in Glen Clova and was away for five days (four nights), it was all over social media and there were several groups of people out every day looking for him. The Courier phoned me for an interview when he finally turned up and sent a photographer round to the house. I asked someone to go into the local newsagent tom get me a copy of The Courier so that I could read it. I wasn't buying that rag myself although I did reimburse the cost.
    As a former dog owner I am pleased to hear that your dog eventually turned up safe and sound. It must have been a very worrying time for you.
    Sadly we have no dog at present.
    We have had three West Highland White dogs.
    The first one was almost 16 and a half years old when he was put to sleep suffering from old age. He lived in Dundee.
    The second one was ten years old when he was put to sleep suffering from Lymphoma (Cancer). He lived on Islay.
    The third dog was eleven years old when she was put to sleep also suffering from Lymphoma (Cancer). She also lived on Islay.
    Our third dog was called Poppy and she also suffered from Type 1 diabetes but that was not what killed her. Her eyesight began to fail and after 2nd May 2016 when where out for a walk and we reached the edge of the kerb I used to say to Poppy ‘down, down just like Dundee United down, down’!!
    My wife and I are keen to get another West Highland White dog but it will not be until we move back to live in Dundee.

Gave them an interview and posed for pictures.

Wont buy that rag.

Gave someone else the money to go and buy it for me so I could read it.

A principled man.

I'm bored with it now, it's not even a challenge any more.

I'm bored with it now, it's not even a challenge any more.
    Now a triggered, unprincipled, hypocritical, sanctimonious arsehole.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)