+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On another subject

On another subject

Dundee FC played Peter Reid in a friendly tonight. The new guys Afolabi, Adam and a couple of youngsters, one of them 15 years of age, scored in a 4-0 win.

Thought some of you might want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Dundee FC played Peter Reid in a friendly tonight. The new guys Afolabi, Adam and a couple of youngsters, one of them 15 years of age, scored in a 4-0 win.

Thought some of you might want to know.
    If I'm honest I'm finding it difficult to get excited about something I'm not allowed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    If I'm honest I'm finding it difficult to get excited about something I'm not allowed to see.
    I know mate.

One of the biggest problems I can see happening is that football supporters who are non season ticket holders will fail to return to attending football matches when eventually they are permitted to return with no restrictions on numbers.
    It is easy to stop but a lot more difficult to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    One of the biggest problems I canu see happening is that football supporters who are non season ticket holders will fail to return to attending football matches when eventually they are permitted to return with no restrictions on numbers.
    It is easy to stop but a lot more difficult to restart.
    And as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any established protocol if the season starts but dosent finish.

There was always a certainty about a football season champions, promotion and relegation playoffs......this is now up in the air and I've a nagging doubt it will end in chaos again.

I think most people (a huge majority) go out of habit, far fewer go because they expect to be entertained or have any success.

And when the very survival of clubs may depend on being in top league, nobody is willingly gonna give up their place if we only get to 20 games or so cause we did it last season.

The Highland League have delayed their start date for this season by six weeks from 17th October to 28th November.
    I read in another article on the BBC website the Chairman of Stenhousemuir FC could lose £100,000 this season if no fans are allowed in to matches. He further added that they will burn through everything they have have by then. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54264389
    Stenhousemuir FC are a part time club who have learnt to survive on homes gates of about 300 spectators.
    How will full time clubs manage to survive without spectators being admitted to their home games.
    Livingston and Hamilton Accies are very dependent on the income from Away supporters to help balance their books as each club has only about 1,000 fans.
    Directors will have to pump in money into their football club or some of them will go bust.

I enclose an article. which states that the clubs below League 2 have been asked by the Joint Response Group how long they can survive without no fans being admitted to their games. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54334336
    Has the Joint Response Group been in contact with all the SPFL clubs to ask the same question.
    In my opinion fans should be let into the grounds with no restrictions. Despite the mandatory wearing of face masks throughout the UK it has not stopped the rapid increase in the number of positive Covid-19 cases.
    We are all going to die sometime. I would happily take a chance going to a football match at Dens Park.
    People are more likely to catch Covid-19 as a result of the stupid decision to close all bars and restaurants at 10pm than there are catching it spectating at a football match.

I enclose an article. which states that the clubs below League 2 have been asked by the Joint Response Group how long they can survive without no fans being admitted to their games. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54334336
    Has the Joint Response Group been in contact with all the SPFL clubs to ask the same question.
    In my opinion fans should be let into the grounds with no restrictions. Despite the mandatory wearing of face masks throughout the UK it has not stopped the rapid increase in the number of positive Covid-19 cases.
    We are all going to die sometime. I would happily take a chance going to a football match at Dens Park.
    People are more likely to catch Covid-19 as a result of the stupid decision to close all bars and restaurants at 10pm than there are catching it spectating at a football match.
    You're absolutely right to say face masks have not stopped the spread of Covid 19, they were never going to be effective against a virus that we were told from day one lives on soft and hard surfaces for 24 and 72 hours or whatever it was.

However the politicians, guided by the self interest groups, will tell you it would have spread quicker without them. Unfortunately you just can't win with an argument based only on common sense, you need some scare mongering in there to be listened to.

The decision to close pubs at 10pm makes perfect sense - if you have an agenda.

Thousands of people pouring into the streets at the same time on a Friday / Saturday night is absolutely the right way to spread a virus that you ultimately want to use as a reason to insist that everyone really 'needs' the next vaccine that you or your mates are working on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)