+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On another subject

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    And when the very survival of clubs may depend on being in top league, nobody is willingly gonna give up their place if we only get to 20 games or so cause we did it last season.
    We'll be remembered as the clowns who voted to save their neighbours while condemning themselves.

The British public are being brainwashed by the BBC, useless politicians and ‘health experts’ who do not know what they are doing.
    Last Saturday there was a large protest march in London about people being forced to wear face masks. However I never saw a film report about it nor was it mentioned on the BBC1 news on the Saturday evening.
    If there had been a march demanding that the wearing of face masks be worn at all times you can be sure that it would have been headline news on the BBC1 news.
    Thank goodness the person who has taken over from Lord Hall has now started to return the BBC to what it is supposed be. Reporting news in a balanced way and not biased in favour of their own journalists political views.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    We'll be remembered as the clowns who voted to save their neighbours while condemning themselves.
    It's the wrong time to be out the top league although I doubt there's ever a right time......but on other forums people are quite happy we are out the top league whilst still insisting the stadium will be built......doh

It's the wrong time to be out the top league although I doubt there's ever a right time......but on other forums people are quite happy we are out the top league whilst still insisting the stadium will be built......doh
    I've given up trying to tell them about the fantasy stadium and just let them get on with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I've given up trying to tell them about the fantasy stadium and just let them get on with it now.
    I want to believe because the alternative means the end of DFC as we know it but there's nothing to grasp onto to believe.

I mean physical shopping is almost finished, gatherings maybe finished for a long time, concerts....forget it......housing yes and there will always be folk dying (although the way the country has now dissolved into quaking quivering mess you'd think not) but considering they were struggling to get it financed pre covid where's the money coming from post?

One poster on the DBF said that Tim Keyes purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club because he wanted to build a new football stadium.
    What a lot of rubbish.
    It has been well documented that Tim Keyes wanted to purchase a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club because we had no debt. If he had carried out a bit research to could easily have discovered why we had to debt.
    Dundee Football Club had exited Administration in May 2011 shorn of it’s debts apart from Football debt and the outstanding payments for the cost of the Administration.
    The DFCSS members were told that FPS would buy back Dens Park and over time it would be sold back to the fans.
    The buying back of Dens Park was soon kicked into touch as Dundee and United got involved in the new sports centre being constructed by Dundee City Council.
    Eventually Dundee and United withdrew from the project and Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited purchased the former NCR Camperdown grounds which had been on sale for several years. The owners Vico Camperdown Limited must have thought all their Christmases had come at once when Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited purchased this site.
    As the club are now renting the sports stadium at Caird Park there is nothing to stop Tim Keyes doing what he previously stated and buying back Dens Park. There is plenty of space to construct a new ‘state of the art’ stand with hospitality lounges and restaurants on the site of the existing Main Stand.
    A new stand could also be built on the site of the South Enclosure if there was a will to do so.
    Even before the current pandemic this new stadium development was in my opinion never going to be built.
    If Tim Keyes had again done his homework he would have discovered that accessing and departing from the stadium car parks which had capacity for 1362 cars and 60 coaches from the A90 Kingsway bypass was a non starter.
    My late father in law used to work in the NCR Camperdown factory. When the Astral factory which was on the site of the current Asda Gourdie store opened in the early 1960’s the finishing time for NCR Camperdown employees had to be moved from 5pm to 4.45pm.
    The NCR Camperdown employees could not get their cars onto the Kingsway at 5pm because the road was busy with Astral workers who also finished at 5pm.
    The Kingsway in the early 1960’s was a bypass of Dundee not the A90 main road from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Aberdeen.

I want to believe because the alternative means the end of DFC as we know it but there's nothing to grasp onto to believe.

I mean physical shopping is almost finished, gatherings maybe finished for a long time, concerts....forget it......housing yes and there will always be folk dying (although the way the country has now dissolved into quaking quivering mess you'd think not) but considering they were struggling to get it financed pre covid where's the money coming from post?
    Would you purchase an expensive house at the rear of the new football stadium at Campy Nou with OF supporters urinating in your garden because they are too lazy to use the toilets. That coupled with damaging your garden. Nobody in their right kind would purchase a house next door to a new football stadium let alone an expensive house.
    There are already Crematoriums in Dundee, Perth, Parkgrove near Friockheim, Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline. There is certainly no need for a second crematorium in Dundee especially as there is still a large number of Roman Catholics living in Dundee most of whom will be buried instead of being cremated.
    Dundee City Council have already had to extend the new graveyard at Birkhill and open a new graveyard at the Drumsturdy Road.
    Once again Tim Keyes has not done his homework.

FM on TV just now. 2,520 people have died having tested positive for Covid-19 in the preceeding 28 days. Realistically you can assume 25% (maybe more) of those would have died of their pre existing conditions anyway (28 days is a long time) in the more than six months now that they've been miscounting and misleading.

25% of 2,520 is 1,890 therefore that 1,890 represents, in six months remember, a mortality rate for this highly lethal virus of 0.034%.

Quick Google check reveals that in 2018 16,153 people died with cancer (I'm using 'with' as it's possible some cancer deaths were directly caused by other things). In six months it's probably fair to assume 8,076 cancer deaths which is 0.15% of the population - more than 4 times the mortality rate.

A 'typical' annual mortality rate in Scotland - all causes - is around 1.15%

This virus is no more lethal than any other cause of mortality in this country, probably less so in fact. So why are so many businesses being forced to close putting more and more people into poverty?

Answer - New vaccines which will be mass produced and we'll all be coerced into buying because we'll be told we'll die if we don't.

By the way I'm ignoring illness without death because the economy already accounts for loss of time due to illness. Without even doing any analysis I doubt the number of hospital admissions and hours lost at work was any more in the last six months than it would have been without Covid. Let's face it the hospitals are empty and nobody even bothers going to their GP any more because of the hoops you have to jump through just to get an interview with a nurse practitioner.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Would you purchase an expensive house at the rear of the new football stadium at Campy Nou with OF supporters urinating in your garden because they are too lazy to use the toilets. That coupled with damaging your garden. Nobody in their right kind would purchase a house next door to a new football stadium let alone an expensive house.
    There are already Crematoriums in Dundee, Perth, Parkgrove near Friockheim, Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline. There is certainly no need for a second crematorium in Dundee especially as there is still a large number of Roman Catholics living in Dundee most of whom will be buried instead of being cremated.
    Dundee City Council have already had to extend the new graveyard at Birkhill and open a new graveyard at the Drumsturdy Road.
    Was going to comment but won't bother
    Last edited by Deeranged; 30-09-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    No I would purchase a cheaper house and improve it, never had a brand new house, came close once.

I'd assume the houses would be seperate from any stadium and be mostly social.

On a seperate note the houses around Rugby Park are still kept fairly nice butcant think of many other grounds in scotland that has decent housing around the ground....maybe Ayr.

Crem in dundee is a bit of a dump, they cud do with competition.

The Catholic burial thing is a wee bit old school, I've no intention of taking up a real prime piece of estate....ashes to ashes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)