+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Future of Football

The Future of Football

Watched the EFL cup tie between Spurs and Chelsea tonight. Very exciting end on penalties. That is the good news. It was broadcast on 4 yes 4 Sky Sports Channels and every single one had fake crowd noise. The constant background Muzak of Come on you Spurs and When the Spurs go marching in practically caused me to have an apoplectic fit. When we add in taking the knee and the raised arm salutes (the point has been made-do you think we are so thick we need to get this every match?) together with the long running Brian Rix West End farce “Sorry Vicar is my VAR showing” what kind of game do we have left. My father took me to watch real football. This current version is a game show hosted by Ted Rogers with the match decisions taken by Dusty Bin.

I hear word that players are complaining at the size of the pitch - outwood...talk of shortening it; and playing a 3-2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I hear word that players are complaining at the size of the pitch - outwood...talk of shortening it; and playing a 3-2-1.

Clever. I like that Norder.

I heard it was 2-3-1 ??

.....and coming to a place near you. If Capitalism is on its last legs ,certainly football is too!

If this sh-itfest carries on much longer, non-league football plus EFL leagues 1 & 2 will disappear altogether.

If this sh-itfest carries on much longer, non-league football plus EFL leagues 1 & 2 will disappear altogether. That's the least of our worries !

Since I mentioned Capitalism ,and that system will disappear in a few puffs ,puff, puooofs.
    The first is the Corona virus that hit it the system. What could be next? Take a look along the Chinese -Indian border,oh boy! ''For the times they are a-changin'. China's expansion policy and to be a world power ,plus a disputed border with India !!

The 283-km (175-mile)-long Nimmu-Padam-Darcha (NPD) highway,is expected to be completed in three years, officials said. It highlights the efforts by India, which have been redoubled after the latest tensions, to develop key infrastructure - roads, tunnels, bridges and airfields - along the unsettled 3,500 km (2,170 mile) border with China.The protracted standoff in the remote western Himalayan region erupted into a bloody hand-to-hand clash in June in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed and China suffered an unspecified number of casualties. The Asian giants fought a brief but bloody border war in 1962.

With thousands of its troops amassed at the border and no sign of a drawdown, India is now pushing harder to blast and smash its way through the Himalayas. "We will not back down from taking any big and tough step in the interest of our country," Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh told parliament this month, adding the government had doubled the budget for infrastructure work on the China border.
    The frenetic construction itself has become a thorny issue this summer with the Chinese complaining that the Indian activity in the mountains was destabilising, Indian officials said. But China built its infrastructure in the area years ago, and it needs to be matched, they said.

"China does not recognise the so-called 'Ladakh Union Territory' illegally set up by India and is opposed to infrastructure building at the border area for the purpose of military control," China's network of roads and railways, logistics depots and helipads mean that it can move troops to forward areas in a matter of hours. For India, it would take days to match those deployments!

The full network of roads will cut down travel time between key Indian military bases, allowing for quicker mobilisation of troops and ease patrolling in some forward areas, an Indian official said.
    Its seems its not a matter of how ,but 'when'?............ Just sayin' like ,cause my pet goldfish in its crystal bowl is acting strange??

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Watched the EFL cup tie between Spurs and Chelsea tonight. Very exciting end on penalties. That is the good news. It was broadcast on 4 yes 4 Sky Sports Channels and every single one had fake crowd noise. The constant background Muzak of Come on you Spurs and When the Spurs go marching in practically caused me to have an apoplectic fit. When we add in taking the knee and the raised arm salutes (the point has been made-do you think we are so thick we need to get this every match?) together with the long running Brian Rix West End farce “Sorry Vicar is my VAR showing” what kind of game do we have left. My father took me to watch real football. This current version is a game show hosted by Ted Rogers with the match decisions taken by Dusty Bin.
    That's a good way of looking at the situation Outwood, our great National sport is surely is going down the toilet

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)