+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Names being taken.

Names being taken.

"Craig Hobson was on target for the Blues in a 1-1 draw with a mixed Academy side from
    @BurnleyOfficial at Shawbridge. A highly useful work-out for some of David Lynch’s squad. Thanks to
    @BurnleyOfficial for their visit."

Behind closed doors so I couldn't go, no doubt one or two names went into our notebook for when the Gawthorpe Black Hole claims it's next victims.

Unless the Blues have a major financial backer, you won't need to worry about taking players from our Black Hole, you will be defunct.

The more Boris bumbles, the deeper the crisis gets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Unless the Blues have a major financial backer, you won't need to worry about taking players from our Black Hole, you will be defunct.

The more Boris bumbles, the deeper the crisis gets.
    Not at all BT, if you want to watch football you have to come down to this level, and people are. A couple of years ago it was a good gate that went over 200, this season they've sold over 350 STs, and if you don't have one you can't come in, so sadly I can't invite you and Outwood over again just yet.

And no VAR, just the usual refs bumbling along and getting some of it wrong, which is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not at all BT, if you want to watch football you have to come down to this level, and people are. A couple of years ago it was a good gate that went over 200, this season they've sold over 350 STs, and if you don't have one you can't come in, so sadly I can't invite you and Outwood over again just yet.

And no VAR, just the usual refs bumbling along and getting some of it wrong, which is how it should be.
    Well what we are watching now in the EPL is pantomime football sinkov.

"Carrols behind you" heading the ball to the back of your arm, and some hapless VAR infected cretin of a referee awards a penalty.

A combination of a referee and assistant who clearly have no idea how to interpret the offside rules rule out a perfectly valid Wood goal and deny us at least a VAR intervention.

The "entertainment" is now focussed on the likes of the Lampard/Klopp, Mourinho/Lampard antagonistic sideshow on the touchlines.

I may never go on Turf Moor again, and I never, ever thought I could even consider that.

I was going to subscribe to BTSport again, but I've changed my mind, the handball situation has made the game unwatchable, why should I take an interest in the outcome of a game when it can be decided by the ball accidentally hitting someone's arm ? It's pointless watching and I feel for the players, why bother training and practising all week when all you have to do is kick the ball against an arm ? Why not just toss a coin before the game starts to decide the outcome, save everyone the bother of actually playing the game. That's all the game has become anyway, a coin toss.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was going to subscribe to BTSport again, but I've changed my mind, the handball situation has made the game unwatchable, why should I take an interest in the outcome of a game when it can be decided by the ball accidentally hitting someone's arm ? It's pointless watching and I feel for the players, why bother training and practising all week when all you have to do is kick the ball against an arm ? Why not just toss a coin before the game starts to decide the outcome, save everyone the bother of actually playing the game. That's all the game has become anyway, a coin toss.
    I was half watching the Chelsea/Spurs game last night. A phucking soulless pantomime, but it warmed up a tad after Spurs equalised late on.

I thought at least extra time might be an improvement, but no, it went straight to penalties after the 90 minutes was up.

The Child Bride has got quite knowledgeable on football matters and wondered why the referee even bothered with the ninety minutes?

She went on to suggest the all troupe could come down the tunnel perched on elephants with a few cheerleaders, quickly "take the knee" and go straight to penalties.

Sounds perfectly plausible to me, no crowds, no risk of injury (other than falling off an elephant), Lampard and Mourinho can shake their fists at each other and we could wrap the whole fiasco up within 45 minutes - tops.

I was half watching the Chelsea/Spurs game last night. A phucking soulless pantomime, but it warmed up a tad after Spurs equalised late on.

I thought at least extra time might be an improvement, but no, it went straight to penalties after the 90 minutes was up.

The Child Bride has got quite knowledgeable on football matters and wondered why the referee even bothered with the ninety minutes?

She went on to suggest the all troupe could come down the tunnel perched on elephants with a few cheerleaders, quickly "take the knee" and go straight to penalties.

Sounds perfectly plausible to me, no crowds, no risk of injury (other than falling off an elephant), Lampard and Mourinho can shake their fists at each other and we could wrap the whole fiasco up within 45 minutes - tops.
    Good idea from the Child Bride BT, much more imaginative and entertaining than my idea of just tossing a coin. She'll go far that lass.

Well what we are watching now in the EPL is pantomime football sinkov.

"Carrols behind you" heading the ball to the back of your arm, and some hapless VAR infected cretin of a referee awards a penalty.

A combination of a referee and assistant who clearly have no idea how to interpret the offside rules rule out a perfectly valid Wood goal and deny us at least a VAR intervention.

The "entertainment" is now focussed on the likes of the Lampard/Klopp, Mourinho/Lampard antagonistic sideshow on the touchlines.

I may never go on Turf Moor again, and I never, ever thought I could even consider that.
    You can't consider that BT,there are some things in life which you can't change,it is you,it's in the blood.On my death bed and my daughter comes she better know how Burnley got on or I'll be sending her to find out.You've also passed it on to your grandchildren.In years to come they will know where it is in your DNA,there will be this little claret & blue marker which can't be erased.

You can blame FIFA for all this nonsense because they insisted that the English game was out of step with the rest of the world and that they MUST do the same as they do in Europe. It is not the officials to blame because they are employed by the PGMO and, as any good employee, they must do as they are told or they face the sack. A majority are very unhappy with the directive and, from what I have heard today, they will be more lenient with handball as from now ---will it work? Your guess is as good as mine!

Latest mind boggling thing I read this morning is that some non-League clubs can welcome spectators again this weekend ---but they will not be allowed to look at the pitch! One example is that Wealdstone play at home against Chesterfield in the National League and will be doing a live screening, in their clubhouse, of the game taking place on the pitch outside. However, the windows will be blockaded and they won't be able to see the pitch outside! There are several other instances but I would get more enjoyment hitting my head against a brick wall or even watching Trump and Biden being idiots ---oh wait a minute ---there are limits!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)