+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley FC - gone for a pie and a pint. ALK No Capital?

Thanks for the good wishes. The last 12 months has been one of some turmoil but all is well now.
    I hope 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Hi Norder
    Thanks I had seen that article but it’s worth a reread.

This one refers to the recent involvement with IT products.
    https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/a...t-player-lens/

I did grow a pair, my daughters told me not to get bigger ones than them. They are regressing now but I do like high heels ��
    all this IT - It's....eating into everything real...Colner !

sorry to hear about your boobs shrinking, and dont go too high on the heels - we dont want you falling over just when your back on your feet.

this Checketts fellow has a sporty past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Checketts

seems he's on the final year of a 3year assignment for the Morman Church UK

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...Checketts.aspx

him and Pace, being teamed up together, would assume him also to be connected to the Burnley talk - even though his time in the uk is "supposed" to be devoted to the church ?

Cheers.

Last edited by Norder; 30-09-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Glad to know you are buzzing around Old Colner, I hope you will be buzzing around here more. I do not know about "very old Colner?" More ''ancient old Colner?'' Good grief, when was it ? After the war years you slipped away?? How can it be that a splendid fellow with 'maroon' blood can just disappear? I hope you will be back again Good Luck ! ( הצלחה און ברכה‎ 'hatslokhe un brokhe',

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Hi Norder
    Thanks I had seen that article but it’s worth a reread.

This one refers to the recent involvement with IT products.
    https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/a...t-player-lens/

I did grow a pair, my daughters told me not to get bigger ones than them. They are regressing now but I do like high heels 👠
    Lol! We've missed you!

It's not going to happen is it, this takeover, file it in the box with Pope to Chelsea, Tarko to West Ham, Tarko to Leicester, McNeill to wherever. We can all relax, Mr Garlick's tenure is not coming to an end any time soon, Billy Shakespeare had it weighed up in Macbeth, 'it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Glad to know you are buzzing around Old Colner, I hope you will be buzzing around here more. I do not know about "very old Colner?" More ''ancient old Colner?'' Good grief, when was it ? After the war years you slipped away?? How can it be that a splendid fellow with 'maroon' blood can just disappear? I hope you will be back again Good Luck ! ( הצלחה און ברכה‎ 'hatslokhe un brokhe',
    Thanks Balam Think I would prefer oldercolner.
    I’m not on stage which is where ‘break a leg’ is a good luck wish but I did break a leg falling off ladders, noticed when standing on one leg I felt to be swaying about. As we were going on a cruise shortly and didn’t fancy a pot leg, I read up and found a longitudinal fracture gave these symptoms but could take often weight, mine did so long as didn’t stand on that one leg and I decided to live with it. Weird feeling to sway like that.
    Seemed to work and fine now.

Think I would prefer oldercolner.

Nowadays, yes, better to have some name and something ''inspiring'' Just think in the coming years, well give or take a few ,''we could be a number?'' Is that what they are doing in China ,face recognition etc ? Me thinks I will leave my face mask on ,now I do not wear one like sinkov ! But in the coming years ? Who knows .....cause the times they are a changin! After all that little nippy virus needs a carrier! ( I would have said 'microvita' ,as virus is a vague term, but you lads are not at that stage yet ;-) Then there are folks out there thinking in terms of a 'microchip'? Yes a good 'inspiring' name does sound a good idea after all.

Chinese proverb does say: ''When as a child, play too much 'snakes and ladders '! Karma comes later in life!........ from the philosophy of Woo Sai Dis

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not going to happen is it, this takeover, file it in the box with Pope to Chelsea, Tarko to West Ham, Tarko to Leicester, McNeill to wherever. We can all relax, Mr Garlick's tenure is not coming to an end any time soon, Billy Shakespeare had it weighed up in Macbeth, 'it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'.

Hope you are right sinkov.
    The Times spoke of us being a Moneyball project and said a takeover was not imminent.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...ject-hrndx5mdf

“It is a model that Brentford have employed in recent seasons and one that was immortalised in the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis, in 2003, which charts the Oakland Athletics’ rise in baseball where they profited from spotting talent that other clubs failed to identify.

The Times understands no takeover of the Lancashire club is imminent but talks are taking place with the Burnley chairman, Mike Garlick, who owns a 49.24 per cent interest in the club.

Sources claim that representatives of ALK have visited Burnley’s new training ground”

It must be difficult for the Club owners to undertake due diligence on such a new company with no accounts or trading and a lack of knowledge of where the money is coming from. The US parent seems to have only been set up in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Lol! We've missed you!
    Likewise, though it’s hard to reply on here. I have lost several long ones as Ive been Unable to post several times. I get a You don’t have permission To post and am told I need to log back in.
    How long have I got to post before this happens- it seems to be 5 minutes.
    Is that to force me to be brief. Not my best skill lol.

[
    this Checketts fellow has a sporty past.
    seems he's on the final year of a 3year assignment for the Morman Church UK

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...Checketts.aspx

him and Pace, being teamed up together, would assume him also to be connected to the Burnley talk - even though his time in the uk is "supposed" to be devoted to the church ?
    [/QUOTE]

That’s interesting

“ I’m trying to make sure that I can devote 100 percent of my time and energy to the mission. It’s three years. There’s no way that I won’t keep track of my friends and things that are going on in the sports industry. ...

I bought a company, Gravity Media, which is headquartered in London. It’s a television production business, and it’s a great business. The production business in the new media world is going to be significant.”

Well maybe not 100% then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)