+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley FC - gone for a pie and a pint. ALK No Capital?

Burnley FC - gone for a pie and a pint. ALK No Capital?

Greetings to those who remember me. I have awoken from the slumbers by the prospect of the club being taken over by a holding company set up for £10.00.
    ALK Capital Ltd LLC is the holding company involved, not as often stated its US parent.
    It was registered by Companies House on Sep 15 this year at 1 Park Row Leeds a flexi office location, with 3 Delaware based US directors led by Alan Paul who owns over 75% of the shares. He was said to be worth around £70m, hardly massive in PL terms.
    He was as you will know President of MLS Real Salt Lake between 2006 and 2008 and lately involved in trying to take over Sheffield United. That failed as a court case decided there were two owners. He then left his job at Citibank to buy a PL club.
    His US company ALK Capital with office addresses in New York and London has recently bought into two soccer IT products but little else.

We don’t know and won’t know what is planned for the club till it happens.
    Lots seem to think the new owners will splash the cash, and they may, but who will the owners really be, as a holding company they will need outside investors and they will need to make money or take money to pay dividends and directors fees out of the club. I find it hard to see how massive investments would make us do any better than 7th.
    To make money they may wish to dictate who plays, if there is moneyball behind it. That may need a new manager. They may need to strip our asset rich club to loan money to buy it or pay the investors.

Originally in the prospectus issue in 2018 Mr Garlick was looking for outside investment and the club was supposedly worth £180m (possible less after Covid and with TV monies declining) he was looking to keep control.

The Sheffield sale was supposedly a 5 year purchase of 20% so if that were the case here, if the new owners can find or borrow £35m they could be running the club for investing £10.

I only hope Mr Garlick can safeguard the clubs future, and my fears are wrong.

Nice to hear from you again OC! Usual Bullsh-it Baffles Brains scenario- but I'm glad you have seen through this charade OC.

Garlick's not daft - he won't be duped by a smooth talking Yank. Safe as houses we are!

By god OLd Colner ,it's been a while since you decided to stop posting mate. Good to have you back on board ,but you need to change your user name to "very old Colner" now..

Old Colner --pleased to see that you are still around and maintaining an interest in things Turf Moor.
    THanks for the info about ALK although, as usual, it is not something which I shall worry about because I have no say whatsoever in what may or may not happen and life goes on. I hope that you are keeping well.

Thanks to you all. Nice for the banter, and very old is too near the mark. Still looking out for the Clarets
    Managed to get to 3 games last year, two wins home v Leicester and away at Old Trafford both memorable, the latter even more as we were in hospitality.
    Hope you are all well. I’ve had prostate troubles, a course of female hormones and radiotherapy so should be cured now!
    Best wishes
    Last edited by oldcolner; 30-09-2020 at 06:48 PM.

oldcolner ----I really hope that you make a full recovery and enjoy life for a lot longer, although it is difficult at the moment. Take care.

Take care OC and keep posting please.

Hi Oldcolner, sounds like you have been in the wars, hope you are truly on the mend

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I’ve had prostate troubles, a course of female hormones....so should be cured now!

all the Best with that Colner -

.....btw, have you grown knockers ?

Pace and Checketts.

https://www.thetradenews.com/citi-gl...football-club/

Hi Norder
    Thanks I had seen that article but it’s worth a reread.

This one refers to the recent involvement with IT products.
    https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/a...t-player-lens/

I did grow a pair, my daughters told me not to get bigger ones than them. They are regressing now but I do like high heels 👠

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)