+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dane reflects

The Cryne Family remain committed supporters of the Club and its future at Oakwell Stadium, the Club’s home where it has played its football for the past 133 years, and want no more than to resolve this issue in line with the agreement made when BFC Investment Company bought the Club

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The Cryne Family remain committed supporters of the Club and its future at Oakwell Stadium, the Club’s home where it has played its football for the past 133 years, and want no more than to resolve this issue in line with the agreement made when BFC Investment Company bought the Club
    Apart from a few platitudes how are they expressing their views on this subject
    When it comes to what they are owed they are right up there with going public
    "& want no more than to resolve this issue in line with the agreement" blah blah. says it all really
    Where's the rallying cry to the supporters particularly those who have stumped up for their season tickets
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 01-10-2020 at 06:49 AM.

I told everyone who bought a season ticket they were making a huge mistake.

Tha can't expect a public feyt Ziles like Trump (Conway ) against Biden (Cryne )

Conway is all marth and trarsers, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. "Sue the Guys".

I prefer the dignified calm of the Crynes.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-10-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha can't expect a public feyt Ziles like Trump (Conway ) against Biden (Cryne )

Conway is all marth and trarsers, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. "Sue the Guys".

I don't think the Cryne's should have taken the club on or sold it sooner. After the Premier League season expectancy was higher and they never delivered a team that challenged. His tenure was a massive failure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't think the Cryne's should have taken the club on or sold it sooner. After the Premier League season expectancy was higher and they never delivered a team that challenged. His tenure was a massive failure for me.
    The club was on its arse Ponte during/following administration in 2004 when Cryne took over. Am sure not too many were expecting a return to the Premiership at that time. Most of Cryne's 14 years were in the Championship. I enjoyed promotions, cup runs including a Semi Final, one Millenium Stadium and three Wembley appearances. At the same time the club remained debt free. Not a massive failure from my perspective.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-10-2020 at 11:41 AM.

The club was on its arse Ponte during/following administration in 2004 when Cryne took over. Am sure not too many were expecting a return to the Premiership at that time. Most of Cryne's 14 years were in the Championship. I enjoyed promotions, cup runs and three Wembley appearances. At the same time the club remained debt free. Not a massive failure from my perspective.
    Never put his hand in his pocket at the right times. Always fire fighting problems, mostly brought upon himself. Giving Simon Davey too much money without question. Panicking after Simon Davey spunked money away and adhering to ffp too early, putting Mark Robins on gardening leave and installing the Rochdale cowboy's. Transfer window January 17 after he'd said nobody would be sold. I could go on and on.

Apart from the bit abart giving someone too much money I thought tha wo talking abart last two years until I realised it wo Cryne

Does any of this sound familiar recently

1 Never put their hands in their pockets
    2 Fire fighting problems brought upon by themselves
    3 Adhering to FFP with no flexibility
    4 Putting a manager on gardening leave
    5 Installing a Portuguese cowboy
    6 Selling the spine of the team in 2018

See worra mean.

Apart from the bit abart giving someone too much money I thought tha wo talking abart last two years until I realised it wo Cryne

Does any of this sound familiar recently

1 Never put their hands in their pockets
    2 Fire fighting problems brought upon by themselves
    3 Adhering to FFP with no flexibility
    4 Putting a manager on gardening leave
    5 Installing a Portuguese cowboy
    6 Selling the spine of the team in 2018

See worra mean.
    I forgot to add he inspired a brigade of "lets be thankful we have a club" that swallowed all the sh1te and lost the club what little expectancy level it had left. His work was done. A half decent club falling on hard times to tin pot in 14 years.

Why can't we expect a public fight
    The Crynes are supposed to be the ones who have the club at heart
    Teir silence on the goings on at Grove St is deafening but not silent when it comes to their financial interest in the club
    & ask yourself why they agreed to selling their 50% share of the ground as part of the deal in the first place other than ensuring they got the deal through & their money & if Chien & Co had paid what they owed we would now be hoping that the Council would be holding out
    Finally do you really believe that there were no offers for the club [a debt free one at that] during PC's tenure
    Like it or not we are where we are because of the Crynes & what PC did nearly 20 years ago is largely irrelevant

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast