+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1st managerial casualty. What’s yer bet?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not a wind up but I can understand why you think it is a joke
    Didnt know he was their U23 coach, no wonder they are like they are if that's their idea of investing in the future.

I suspect Wilder will be glad in a way (and will find another club fairly quickly if he wants to).

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We were going nowhere under the present board Oz, so something had to happen..I'm not a lover of Amerivcans in charged of football clubss but so far he's talked the talk let's see if he can walk the walk. We will do well to survive again this season.
    Depends on what sort of Americans. If its an individual or individuals, i agree with you. Examples are Manure, Arsenal, Palace. But if its another sports team e.g. Liverpool which are owned by Fenway sports group, owners of the Boston Red Sox, seems to be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Didnt know he was their U23 coach, no wonder they are like they are if that's their idea of investing in the future.

I suspect Wilder will be glad in a way (and will find another club fairly quickly if he wants to).
    I understand why Board members oust managers in these circumstances, because fans get vocal against them for not at least trying to stop the rot. But...no matter who was to take over now, it wasnt going to stop them going down, given the points margin. That being the case, would Wilder be a good option to steer them back in the Championship again...given he had already done the required job there before....to get them back up???

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Maybe Chris Wilder's luck has finally run out at the dirty Sheff Ure blunts.
    Damn, I should have bet a tanner on that lol. And now they've appointed Heckya*rse, this just gets funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I understand why Board members oust managers in these circumstances, because fans get vocal against them for not at least trying to stop the rot. But...no matter who was to take over now, it wasnt going to stop them going down, given the points margin. That being the case, would Wilder be a good option to steer them back in the Championship again...given he had already done the required job there before....to get them back up???
    Sounds like there was more to it and Wilder and the new owner didn’t see eye to eye - the new owner seemed to think McBurnie plus one other was adequate investment to get mid table - they will miss Wilder - not only will they realise how good a job he did but how much he loves the club.

It could only get more bizarre if they appoint Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Damn, I should have bet a tanner on that lol. And now they've appointed Heckya*rse, this just gets funnier.
    Heckingbottom, Winterbottom, Highbottom, seems to be a theme.

What a great start to the Heckingbottom era, stuffed 5 - 0 for only the second time in the PL. How very unexpected.

And Jackett gets the bullet at Pompey! 7th in the division, lose on penalties in the delayed EFL Ttrophy, bit strange?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And Jackett gets the bullet at Pompey! 7th in the division, lose on penalties in the delayed EFL Ttrophy, bit strange?
    It’s bonkers how quickly some clubs sack managers having no right to the unrealistic. expectations they put upon them

Didn't Wilder refer to us as Muppets?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)