+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T Rotherham children alert

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No, won't bother

Brainwashing to think a certain way doesn't float my boat
    Who will be brainwashing? I give my opinion, you give yours. I could argue that you are trying to brain wash me with your views. If you don't want to discuss it that's up to you of course

The thing is this is the "lets talk footie and be nice to each other bit of the board" which by the way you yourself endorsed. So far I think it is working well because generally folks who might argue about other things are finding summat they have in common eg the millers- even me and thee I hasten to add.

I think this thread has a place on the Rotherham Utd forum just to remind us to tell our children to be careful.

Like I said earlier, local school(s) in wickersley (probably Bramley etc. too) texted parents to remind their children about the dangers. There was no description of the perpetrator.

Everyone should be reminded of this. Not just people who talk about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I think this thread has a place on the Rotherham Utd forum just to remind us to tell our children to be careful.

Like I said earlier, local school(s) in wickersley (probably Bramley etc. too) texted parents to remind their children about the dangers. There was no description of the perpetrator.

I agree Sharky but it turned into a round of rather nasty assumptions of the race of the criminal, which turned it political. This happened before any counter arguments - it was these assumptions that made this another boring political post that we can do without, or at least one that we can live with but away from the footy board. CAM/Frog were right to move it. The race obsessive are always going to try and shoehorn race politics into posts. You could see it was going to happen but sad to see it happen anyway. Shame that it couldn't just be left as the warning it was intended to be, only added to when we got reliable news footage or any leads to criminal identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Agree, one of mine was deleted

I only asked if there was a description of the BMW driver.

Not much point just telling my granddaughter to avoid black BMWs considering the police themselves have at least 1 in their fleet of unmarked cars.
    My apologies Grist. That was my mistake.

Agree it is a shame that an important thread cannot be discussed without bringing up race. Surely the priority is to protect kids from *****philes whoever they may be...

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

I totally agree and I tried to steer it that way but by the time I got online today there was too much on the thread to try and clean it up so as I stated last week I'm going to move threads once they turn the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I totally agree and I tried to steer it that way but by the time I got online today there was too much on the thread to try and clean it up so as I stated last week I'm going to move threads once they turn the way it did.
    Yep, I can see why you wanted to clean it up. Threads like this should have one purpose and that is to keep our community vigilant.

UPDATE: A 28-year-old man from Rotherham has been arrested in relation to this investigation and bailed while enquiries continue.

At this time, we do not believe that these incidents are connected to any previous incidents of suspicious activity in the town and we ask the public not to speculate while proceedings are active.

"we ask the public not to speculate while proceedings are active".

Exactly the point...

"Man denies trying to kidnap six females in one day in Rotherham"

Two were school girls.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...court-19154185

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456