+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Shelvey just have a dig at Rafa?

Did Shelvey just have a dig at Rafa?

I think he did.

Talking about last night's game, he said "We know we have character going back two or three years.

"And maybe we would have lumped it then but the gaffer wants us to play."

Words almost fail me...the gaffer wants us to play?????

Does he think we're stupid and if he says shit like that we'll ignore the evidence of our own eyes and go 'righto, Jonjo, we're the new fucking Entertainers, we are'???

Look, there's no doubt that some of Rafa's football wasn't pretty but he had a proper plan and when the players were able to get it right we played exciing counter-attacking football-imagine the football we played in his last 6 months but with better players....so for Shelvey to dismiss it as just 'lumping' it and in the same sentence come out with a lie so ridiculous it wouls make Pinocchio blush and think he'd over-stepped the mark???

Basically translated as 'I had a shit game and, actually, I've been largely shite for a long time so i'd better big the boss up to keep my place in the team'.

pfft

Rafa's game plans were meticulously thought out. yep as you say it wasn't always (very often) exciting - but the team worked well together, knew what they were supposed to be doing and did it as best they could - it was very rare you saw the headless chicken dances and the eh???? that you see today.

bruce has to be the luckiest guy around - but his luck will run out , just as it did for a large chunk of last season, whether he acquires enough points while everything goes "his way" remains to be seen.

I always had faith and some hope that things would improve with Rafa, I have neither with Bruce.

Shelvey puckering up to kiss Bruce’s derrière. The only game I can recall actually playing Fútbol under Bruce was not even for a full game. It was for 45 minutes last season vs West Ham. That was the the 1 and only time. The rest of the time it’s been utter garbage. Shelvey is talking trash.

What a plonker Shelvey has turned out to be.

He made some veiled digs at Rafa at that pre-season tournament when Bruce flew in half way through last year - I bet he’d fallen out with him and was a nightmare to manage plus a walking red card at times.

I wonder if it was the fact Rafa never had a midfielder he could trust to play an accurate forward pass. Shelvey is a proper d!ck and if he thinks his performances are "playing" he is a delusional d!ck

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think he did.

Talking about last night's game, he said "We know we have character going back two or three years.

"And maybe we would have lumped it then but the gaffer wants us to play."

Words almost fail me...the gaffer wants us to play?????

Does he think we're stupid and if he says shit like that we'll ignore the evidence of our own eyes and go 'righto, Jonjo, we're the new fucking Entertainers, we are'???

Look, there's no doubt that some of Rafa's football wasn't pretty but he had a proper plan and when the players were able to get it right we played exciing counter-attacking football-imagine the football we played in his last 6 months but with better players....so for Shelvey to dismiss it as just 'lumping' it and in the same sentence come out with a lie so ridiculous it wouls make Pinocchio blush and think he'd over-stepped the mark???

Basically translated as 'I had a shit game and, actually, I've been largely shite for a long time so i'd better big the boss up to keep my place in the team'.

pfft
    Zip, i didnt even watch the interviews after that horror show of a game.

Shelvey saying that just shows why we are utter shlte, we have accumulated a group of players at the heart of the club who are only here for the pay cheque or are not good enough to be here.

We do have a group of players who do give a shlt and if we could build a team around them we would be top 12

Aye, man.

I think part of the problem, for me at least, is that patience is at an all-time low and i'm so close to the edge that it only takes something small to push me over into full-on pissed off mode. The disconnect betwen the fans and the players at this club is, conversely, at an all-time high and this sort of shite only widens the gap further, even if, in itself, it's not a major thing.

Talking of 'full-on pissed off mode', I would imagine most fans' default position is pissed off to varying degrees with only the odd victory raising a smile before the perma-frown reappears.

Remember the days when our default position was one of satisfaction or happiness with defeats or setbacks only sending us into pissed off mode temporarily? When was the last time we were there? Under Robson? Briefly in that season we finished 5th?

The longer this goes on, the more being pissed off will be replaced by 'meh' as more and more people stop caring. Mind, as we all know, that's already happened to all of us to varying degrees. The last two games have seen last-gasp goals; normally that would be cause for great celebration but even those were greeted by mutterings of disbelief that we'd got out of jail yet again.

Happy days, eh?

The truth is that Shelvey was found out at Swansea and sold. He was found out by Rafa, and dropped. Bruce hasn’t and probably never will realise that Shelvey is not a good enough team player to merit a start in the team.

He obviously likes kissing cheeks.
    Last edited by Kal; 01-10-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)