+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: how many games into the season

how many games into the season

do you think we will have played before the season is suspended? or even cancelled.

I have been looking at the growth of covid's "second wave" and surely its only a matter of time before players contract the virus.

The Liverpool lad has got it within 2 weeks of being here.

Dlickheads like Kyle Walker having romps with mulitple prostitutes and obviously the lads on Engerlarnd duty were on the hunt for some minge and didn't follow the rules.
    Killmarnock have had their game suspended because 6 players have tested postitve.

Its only a matter of time before its widespread, i really dont think this season will even get 50% completed

bit of doom and gloom sorry, but i guarantee our game tomorrow will be too

I think the Prem w([I]a[/Inkers]) will do everything within their power to stop it coming to that. Might involve something like a number of team bubbles after testing 48 hours before a game to reduce the risk of havimg to quarantine so many players the game has to be called off. Mind, given that it's the Prem, I couldn't give a shit if there is another suspension of the League and they go out of business.

In fact I'd welcome it.

So there.

Aye.

Basically agree Zip, they'll do everything they can to stop it being cancelled and will probably succeed long enough for something to be calculated on how the season should end.

I couldn't really care less if it did get cancelled not that it will. It's aweful with no fans in the stadiums and with our takeover falling through I'm just not feeling it this season pffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    I couldn't really care less if it did get cancelled not that it will. It's aweful with no fans in the stadiums and with our takeover falling through I'm just not feeling it this season pffft.
    Think most of us feel the same.

That don't care feeling.

Can players resume playing after 14 days in isolation if they test positive ? If they can, I think the season will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Can players resume playing after 14 days in isolation if they test positive ? If they can, I think the season will play out.
    didn't they lower the isolation period to 7 days after you have tested positive.
    14 days only if you have been in contact with someone positive - cos it can take 14 days to come out

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    didn't they lower the isolation period to 7 days after you have tested positive.
    14 days only if you have been in contact with someone positive - cos it can take 14 days to come out
    im sure its still 14 days, although it probably differs for certain people.

My Mrs is on day 3 of isolation again. She works for NHS too. They had a team meeting with the ward manager last

Wednesday. The ward manager didn't wear any PPE during the meeting and tested positive the same day!!

Now 8 nurses on a covid ward are all off work and away from their families. The covis patients on that ward have no

covid experienced staff to take care of them as a result.

If it had been a nurse who did the same , they would have been fired but because its a manager, its nothing more said, a

learning curve

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)