+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford

Brentford

Away. Jammy B*stard again.

Aye....but we'll come unstuck against them...decent team.

But I agree, under normal circumstances, you'd think the stars were aligning for us to break our trophy drought.

Actually, I bet Brentford were hoping they'd pull us out of the hat...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Actually, I bet Brentford were hoping they'd pull us out of the hat...
    yes definitely the weakest team there ha - we might pull off an upset!!!!

Just been reading Brentford fans’ comments on The Mag after the draw. Most are confident and very pleased with the draw saying it’s a real chance to get to the semi.
    Some of them just pray Bruce stays in the job till then and they mention how disillusioned we are with Bruce and the club.
    Two observations here:
    1. It’s great to hear the opinion of some real fans (not top six club ones) for a change, who understand what is happening at Newcastle and the type of football we are playing. Brenfford’s just gone way up in my estimation.
    2. How very sad times at our club.

Most proper fans of other clubs sympathise with us because of Fat Mike as they know it could just as easily have been them. Mostly, the ones who revel in our misery are the type of numbskulls who align themselves with the so called bigger clubs - and by bigger clubs I mean the ones who are lucky enough to have better owners than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye....but we'll come unstuck against them...decent team.

But I agree, under normal circumstances, you'd think the stars were aligning for us to break our trophy drought.
    And yet. . .

I can just see us fluking to the final.

Dodgy win against them, get Stoke in the semi - fluke past them.

And then we're told for the rest of the season we should be greatful as Bruce got us to a final. Everything else is disregarded because of it.

Watching Brentford tonight. Toney has done more in 15 mins than Joke Linton has in 2 seasons. Hope his form dips before the cup quarter.

They've got rid of the winger everyone was raving about, though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)