+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Two things I've seen today that sum up the situation nicely, one for each side.

For Trump

Against Trump

"Pence tries to talk sense into Trump that it's time to leave the Whitehouse now."

https://twitter.com/BrutumF/status/1324384538580037632

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Not in the least bit suspicious!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Twitter has already started censoring some of Trump's attacks on Biden as being unsubstantiated or unfounded, if he carries on now expect more censoring. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden now started fighting back, given the access to privy government documents he will have.
    I think that’s a little inaccurate. They have been annotating some of his tweets to point out, for example, that he has claimed victory in states that are too soon to call.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I think that’s a little inaccurate. They have been annotating some of his tweets to point out, for example, that he has claimed victory in states that are too soon to call.
    Annotating/censoring are they synonyms? Correcting? Adjusting? Take your pick but isn't claiming stuff that's untrue then having it corrected the same thing as those? Besides, censoring a statement is not necessarily blanking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I must say, I've got no problem holding elections on Sundays. I'm not religious and it would be convenient, so I could go for that idea.

Electronic voting I'm more dubious about, not the identity fraud side of things, but as with postal voting the person is still casting their vote in an environment that isn't controlled like a polling station is. There is still the possibility that undue influence or duress may be applied, like someone looking over the person's shoulder to ensure they vote a certain way. In a polling booth it's just you alone with a pencil, although actually I'd change that to a pen, because pencil markings can be erased!

Politicians who don't have or cannot mobilise enough voters are perhaps most likely to want a voting system that's more open to manipulation.

But in any case, voting in the UK is not "hard" at all. I agree that postal voting (or A N Other remote voting system) must be available to those who for good reason cannot physically access a polling station, because there is no other way to ensure they get a vote. But the rest of us are perfectly capable of walking, cycling or driving the usually very short distance from their door to attend their nearest station. In some cases it will be even nearer to you than the closest post box.

Voting shouldn't be viewed as a chore anyway. It should be something you want to go out and do, to make your voice heard. On average you probably only have to make the effort once every two years. If someone is physically able to attend their nearest polling station, but just can't be bothered, then the problem is with their personal priorities and sense of public responsibility, not with the polling system.
    Kin ell I thought ‘we should make voting as easy as possible’ was fairly uncontroversial, but obviously not. Ok, make everyone go to their local primary school, get the lazy f00kers out of their house. If one third of them generally can’t be arsed, what sort of democrats are they anyway?

In other news, Trump fans can’t make their minds up about what they’re protesting about.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...735491586?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ok, make everyone go to their local primary school, get the lazy f00kers out of their house. If one third of them generally can’t be arsed, what sort of democrats are they anyway?
    I used slightly more polite terminology, but actually you've summed up my thoughts perfectly!

I think we all know that if Trump lost he was never going to say "congratulations Joe, good luck". His ego can't take losing, especially losing to such a limited opponent as Biden. He was always going to kick off and claim fraud, even though he can't offer any evidence at all. I think in the coming months we will witness the biggest temper tantrum the world has ever seen. It wouldn't surprise me if he has to be evicted kicking and screaming from the White House, because I just can't see him ever conceding defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If you want to take a look at a real nutter, take a look at Giuliani speaking now.

Did he have his hand down his trousers ?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    He should have done, it would have drawn attention away from what he was saying.

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    One would hope he didn't rise to the jail bait.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast