+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We'll need to make haste if we're gonna sell the NHS to Trumper.
    US pharma and ‘healthcare’ firms will be just as keen to take chunks out of the NHS under Biden as what they were under Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    US pharma and ‘healthcare’ firms will be just as keen to take chunks out of the NHS under Biden as what they were under Trump.
    Oh I see.

The ongoing sale of the NHS is passed down from President to President, bit like that 'Presidential Book of Secrets' they're always banging on about on the Scovery channel.

I get-cha.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Oh I see.

The ongoing sale of the NHS is passed down from President to President, bit like that 'Presidential Book of Secrets' they're always banging on about on the Scovery channel.

I get-cha.
    Who the president is has very little to do with it. If I’ve read it right, as part of a trade deal something like the Scottish whiskey industry(yum yum) will want better access/lower tariffs with the US market in return for someone like US pharmaceuticals being able to sell drugs at a higher price to the NHS than what they get at the moment. They’ve been trying to get a ‘mini deal’ over the line in the last few weeks but have obviously failed.

Of course the NHS will be able to pay the higher prices with that lovely 350m squid a week we’re saving now we’re not in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Who the president is has very little to do with it. If I’ve read it right, as part of a trade deal something like the Scottish whiskey industry(yum yum) will want better access/lower tariffs with the US market in return for someone like US pharmaceuticals being able to sell drugs at a higher price to the NHS than what they get at the moment. They’ve been trying to get a ‘mini deal’ over the line in the last few weeks but have obviously failed.

Of course the NHS will be able to pay the higher prices with that lovely 350m squid a week we’re saving now we’re not in the EU.
    That doesn't matter now, the 350m squid will have to go to pay for covid.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That doesn't matter now, the 350m squid will have to go to pay for covid.
    Hahaha yeah.

I've just heard the term "Ex-President Trump" for the first time, and it put a smile on my face.

I couldn't resist a look at the odds for the 2024 US election, and Kamala Harris looks a decent bet at 43/10. Biden will be 82 then, so I can't see him even wanting a second term. If he steps down Harris is the obvious replacement. It will be interesting to see which way the Republican party goes from here, and it's noticeable how quickly Pence seems to be distancing himself from Trump. I'm convinced Trump is finished, so there might be a long civil war among the Republicans with no unity by 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've just heard the term "Ex-President Trump" for the first time, and it put a smile on my face.

I couldn't resist a look at the odds for the 2024 US election, and Kamala Harris looks a decent bet at 43/10. Biden will be 82 then, so I can't see him even wanting a second term. If he steps down Harris is the obvious replacement. It will be interesting to see which way the Republican party goes from here, and it's noticeable how quickly Pence seems to be distancing himself from Trump. I'm convinced Trump is finished, so there might be a long civil war among the Republicans with no unity by 2024.
    Don't they still have to call him Mr President over there?

I heard you put a smile on laddo's face the other day. Well, it amused me.

I've a feeling Pompeo might be the Republicans' pick in 2024.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trumper started his own Political party. 'America First' or summatt similar. He does like those donations and he does still have plenty of loyal 'Trumperers'. Could poss cause problems for the other 2 main Political parties in the future?

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast