+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You think Trump isn't corrupt? Are we to believe Biden would make a worse president than Trump is now because of a dodgy social media clip?
    Joe Biden plans to win the election against George W Bush, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Oh yes you got me there, you're so clever. It doesn't matter where the news came from it matters that you are being manipulated because you are only allowed to get news organisations want you to have. You value your ignorance, you seem to think it is a badge of honour, but you are unable to make an informed decision if you do not have access to all the information.

You seem to be fine with multi-national companies censoring governments, well remember that eventually your side will also be censored. But more importantly, the emails and the other documents on the laptop point to Biden being completely corrupt and you are happy to have that type of person elected to the highest office of his country.
    How Conspiracy Theorists/Reactionary Bullsh!tters Work

1. Claim Clinton/Obama/Biden are *****philes who drink children’s blood. (This is literally a thing amongst Trump supporters!)

2. Put claims on various social media, claims get picked up by wacky right wing media outlets. People like Giuliani get involved, desperate to swing election with whatever bullsh!t they think might stick.

3. ‘MSM’ examine claims, obviously turn out to be nonsense, refuse to publish claims.

4. Conspiracy theorists and right wing bullsh!tters say ‘SEE, WE TOLD YOU, MSM ARE COVERING UP FOR THE DEMS!! THEY’RE ALL IN ON IT!!!

Anything, anything to not talk about the total mess their man has made of things. For the UK, see similar claims about Brexit/Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You think Trump isn't corrupt? Are we to believe Biden would make a worse president than Trump is now because of a dodgy social media clip?

You have news sources that you believe because they tell you what you apparently want to hear and anyone who doesn't follow your agenda is stupid - have I got that right? If so please tell us how we can tell the difference between your truth and the truth of the most respected news company in the world. By the way, as far as I can see both the governments and citizens of The USA's neighbours, Canada and Mexico, hate the Trump regime - are they being deluded by their press too?
    He is not the only one on here who think others are stupid if they don't follow their agendas?

Glenn Greenwald, who helped publish the Snowden files has resigned from the outlet he co-founded after editors censored his Biden reporting.

Apparently this election has captured world attention more than any other. It certainly has mine, I've never been too bothered who wins over there before but I really want to see Trump beaten. It also seems that it's a big thing with the bookies, with Betfair reporting this:

"It's by far Betfair's biggest market and I can never see it being topped," spokesman Barry Orr said early on Tuesday afternoon. "It could hit £500 million before the market closes.

I've been following the betting closely for a few months, which has left me in a 'must win'* position. This morning the odds on a Trump victory were shortening, but now he's out to 2/1 which is the longest he's ever been. This is America however, so nothing would surprise me.

* I got an email from William Hill offering me 2 x £10 free bets if I placed a real money £10 bet on the American election. I put my £10 on a Biden win at 1/2, and one of the £10 free bets on a Trump win at 7/4. That means the following:

If Biden wins my £10 stake returns £15
    If Trump wins my £10 stake returns £17.50
    Whoever wins I make a profit of £5 or £7.50, plus I have a £10 free bet to use

I know this is small stakes, but that's the way I usually bet. It's not often I stake more than a tenner because gambling is a hobby to me, and I enjoy taking money from the bookies when they give me an unmissable opportunity.

Saw a gun store owner earlier today from Portland tweet that he'd run out of bullets. Aniifa seem intent on rioting regardless of who wins, though one would expect them to peter out sooner if it's Biden, then I guess we can look forward to some lone nut job on the far right taking out his revenge in a mass shooting.
    I see the UK is now on severe alert for a terrorist attack.
    Couldn't we get Ardley out there to calm everybody down?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Apparently this election has captured world attention more than any other. It certainly has mine, I've never been too bothered who wins over there before but I really want to see Trump beaten. It also seems that it's a big thing with the bookies, with Betfair reporting this:

"It's by far Betfair's biggest market and I can never see it being topped," spokesman Barry Orr said early on Tuesday afternoon. "It could hit £500 million before the market closes.

I've been following the betting closely for a few months, which has left me in a 'must win'* position. This morning the odds on a Trump victory were shortening, but now he's out to 2/1 which is the longest he's ever been. This is America however, so nothing would surprise me.

* I got an email from William Hill offering me 2 x £10 free bets if I placed a real money £10 bet on the American election. I put my £10 on a Biden win at 1/2, and one of the £10 free bets on a Trump win at 7/4. That means the following:

If Biden wins my £10 stake returns £15
    If Trump wins my £10 stake returns £17.50
    Whoever wins I make a profit of £5 or £7.50, plus I have a £10 free bet to use

I know this is small stakes, but that's the way I usually bet. It's not often I stake more than a tenner because gambling is a hobby to me, and I enjoy taking money from the bookies when they give me an unmissable opportunity.

Yeah there was certainly money to be made. The markets were oddly slow to respond to the polls giving Biden double digit leads. Presumably caution after what happened in 2016.

Possibly of even more interest than the presidential election is the senate race, as even if Biden wins he’ll be hamstrung by a GOP senate and a conservative Supreme Court. Hopefully Trump’s only gift to his country will be to ensure progressiveish people in charge of both the executive and the legislature for maybe a few years to come.

Yep I have to say it's not looking good, there's a good chance of violence whatever happens. I'm troubled by both outcomes, whoever wins.

The best summary I've heard is from James Lindsay who said Trump is the poison that will kill you in a year's time, Biden and then almost certainly Harris (doubt Biden will complete a full term) is the poison that will kill you in ten years' time.

On that basis I'm hoping for a Biden win as at least there'll be time to try to come up with a better solution. Trump's courtship of armed groups and mooted bad faith declaration of victory means he's ticking too many boxes on my '1920s Europe' bingo card and makes him the greater danger IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah there was certainly money to be made. The markets were oddly slow to respond to the polls giving Biden double digit leads. Presumably caution after what happened in 2016.
    Or because in a country which is highly polarised along geographical lines, with that type of electoral system, and with the social ramifications of identifying as a Trump supporter, national polls don't really matter?

I wouldn't touch this betting market with barge pole to be honest - way too close to call in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Biden and then almost certainly Harris (doubt Biden will complete a full term.
    I've seen some people suggest the MSM have suppressed the Biden jnr scandal so that they can bring it out after Biden is elected, which could force or be the excuse for him to make way for Harris, who brazenly tweeted a cartoon a few days ago effectively promoting communist ideals.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast