+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary waddock

Gary waddock

I See he's now assistant head coach at a vastly improved Cambridge this season.
    I still think we should have had him as a manager , failing that assistant head coach maybe !

anyway I see Paul Tisdale is free at the minute , any takers

all of this is only speculation just in case say Barrow ,Wimbledon or Spurs come calling for the footy messiah that is Neville ,I mean Neal !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I still think we should have had him as a manager , failing that assistant head coach maybe !

all of this is only speculation just in case say Barrow ,Wimbledon or Spurs come calling for the footy messiah that is Neville ,I mean Neal !
    I think I would sooner have Gary Wazzock in charge than Ardley good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post

Tisdale won't come this far north, Mansfield have been chasing him for years, and more recently Bradford. Ardley won't be going anywhere atm, but if he does i'd appoint Danny Cowley.

Whilst Mansfield is only 14 miles further north it does seem far more than that and to be fair to Tisdale who would want to go there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Tisdale won't come this far north, Mansfield have been chasing him for years, and more recently Bradford. Ardley won't be going anywhere atm, but if he does i'd appoint Danny Cowley.
    On what basis do you think someone like that would be in the slightest bit interested in a return to non league football? I am sure his sights are set much higher than us but I guess you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    On what basis do you think someone like that would be in the slightest bit interested in a return to non league football? I am sure his sights are set much higher than us but I guess you never know.
    On the basis that i know both Nicky and Danny Cowley on a personal level. They have spoken highly about Notts on more than one occassion. Danny has recently been coaching his daughters team, but he badly misses the game. I also know that he applied for the Notts job, whilst manager of Lincoln when Ray Trew was chairman.

We could have had Chris Wilder (+ an extended backroom team) as manager at one point.
    True story.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We could have had Chris Wilder (+ an extended backroom team) as manager at one point.
    True story.
    I heard that as well, think it was when he was the gaffer at Northampton. Weren't they in financial crisis at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Wonder if our owners would go for the polar opposite in style of play? We don’t really have the players to play Cowleys brand of football/hoofball. Would need a massive overhaul of players.

Quote Originally Posted by HUCKNALLPIE View Post
    Wonder if our owners would go for the polar opposite in style of play? We don’t really have the players to play Cowleys brand of football/hoofball. Would need a massive overhaul of players.
    That's a great point, i suppose it would all depend on if the owners, want us to have an 'identity' per say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast