+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

To be fair, I say that to my wife every day.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    To be fair, I say that to my wife every day.
    ...and I’m sure no one would disagree. You are indeed...’extremely young’!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the ‘Independent’, Trump has claimed, ‘I’m back because I am a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young and so I am lucky in that way’.

Not sure how good an advert for ‘Regeneron’ he is...appears to make you even more fat, orange and delusional than ever.
    One thing he is not rA is delusional, he doesn't believe what he says, he just knows it plays well with his core support. Much as Johnson didn't believe anything he wrote as a journalist or indeed half of what he says as a politician, he knows its all bluff, bluster and falsehoods.

Thisis a man who chose to support Brexit because he knew it was the route to power, not because he believed in it.

You may say these people are delusional fools, but hey their in power and they know exactly what they are saying and doing, as long as it achieves their objectives they really don't give a ****!

Here are 9 "symptoms" that point to someone being a sociopath.

1. lack of empathy, particularly an inability to feel remorse for one's actions
    2. find it hard to form emotional bonds, so their relationships are often unstable and chaotic
    3. try to seduce and ingratiate themselves with the people around them for their own gain, or for entertainment
    4. have a reputation for being dishonest and deceitful
    5. tendence to be openly violent and aggressive and/or they will cut you down verbally
    6. hostile themselves, but they're more likely to interpret others' behavior as hostile, which drives them to seek revenge
    7. a disregard for financial and social obligations. Ignoring responsibilities is extremely common
    8. making spur of the moment decisions with no thought for the consequences
    9. combine irresponsibility, impulsivity, and a need for instant gratification, and it’s not surprising that sociopaths get involved in risky behaviour. They tend to have little concern for the safety of others or for themselves.

Most, maybe all, of the above appear to be character traits of 2 well known "world leaders" at this time. Just maybe the world should be worried. Very worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here are 9 "symptoms" that point to someone being a sociopath.

1. lack of empathy, particularly an inability to feel remorse for one's actions
    2. find it hard to form emotional bonds, so their relationships are often unstable and chaotic
    3. try to seduce and ingratiate themselves with the people around them for their own gain, or for entertainment
    4. have a reputation for being dishonest and deceitful
    5. tendence to be openly violent and aggressive and/or they will cut you down verbally
    6. hostile themselves, but they're more likely to interpret others' behavior as hostile, which drives them to seek revenge
    7. a disregard for financial and social obligations. Ignoring responsibilities is extremely common
    8. making spur of the moment decisions with no thought for the consequences
    9. combine irresponsibility, impulsivity, and a need for instant gratification, and it’s not surprising that sociopaths get involved in risky behaviour. They tend to have little concern for the safety of others or for themselves.

Most, maybe all, of the above appear to be character traits of 2 well known "world leaders" at this time. Just maybe the world should be worried. Very worried.
    Only 2, MA?

I know what you mean Swale...but as far as self image is concerned, if Trump can look in the mirror and still come up with those words...he’s delusional!

The trouble with the word delusional is that quite probably every one of us can describe each other as delusional. After all we are all Derby fans, how much more delusional can you get? It therefore is not a very powerful word. You might say I'm delusional as regards Green politics, I might think any supporter of the LibDem is delusional. Its a very personal word, reflecting as much the users beliefs as it does the targets beliefs....

Delusional...def; ‘holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument’.

Being a Derby fan isn’t at all delusional. Thinking Derby are the ‘greatest football team the World has ever seen’...or that Derby will win the Premier League any time soon is.
    Being a supporter of the Greens or the LibDems isn’t delusional. Thinking they’re going to win the next election probably is.
    As Swale suggests, not all Trump’s statements are delusional. Most are contrived populism, but suggesting that, as a 74 year old, obese, orange bloke you’re a ‘perfect human specimen and extremely young’ is...imo.

The big question is whether the 2 blond bombshells believe the crap they come out with. It was they to whom I was referring rA. I don't think they do believe it which ticks another sociopath box.........

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Only 2, MA?

I know that you mean Swale...but as far as self image is concerned, if Trump can look in the mirror and still come up with those words...he's delusional!
    You never know, Swale might be blond MA so you could be referencing the same 2 as rA

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The big question is whether the 2 blond bombshells believe the crap they come out with. It was they to whom I was referring rA. I don't think they do believe it which ticks another sociopath box.........
    I recognised that and completely agree with you, MA. I was adding Putin and Kim Jong-Un to the list too.
    Tragedy is, imo, that nowadays we are able to make that comparison. How far have things fallen when, without being a typical conspiracy theorist, one is no longer inclined to believe that either Johnson’s or Trump’s Covid ‘episodes’ were anything more that political expediency?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)