Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
Yeah I agree with you completely don, I actually like Wright as well.

When he scored the hatrick against Partick in 2017 I said he was one for the future,personally I think he had started the season well but he is beginning to dip in form so he might need a spell out of the team.

Maybe Watkins can play in that position with Edmondson up front?

I think he deserves a start to see what he can do.
Yeah there is a lot of competition even in those two positions in behind the main striker with the likes of Wright, Hedges, McGinn, McLennan, Hayes, Kennedy, Watkins all able to play there. Personally, I would persevere with Wright - sure if his form dips over a 3-4 game period, drop him - but if he has one below par game, keep him in. As has been noted, he is a "confidence" player - show faith in him and you'll boost his confidence, drop him and you'll dent it further. I'm not saying he should be undroppable for that reason, of course not, I just think that over the course of the season he has put enough in the bank to merit a bit of faith from the manager - more so than the likes of McGinn at the moment.

Watkins playing a bit deeper could be interesting too - I think he might drop back there when Cosgrove is fit again. The only concern i have over that is we end up with him and Cosgrove / Edmondson on the park at the same time and we've then got 2 big units up top which increases the temptation to return to hoofball. Lots of options though and the options in personnel allow for us to adapt our style and approach too, which is necessary at times during the game.