+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calder Vale Holdings another Alan Pace Company

I did also wonder about it being a postbox - Colner.

Alan Pace - Michael Smith and Stuart Hunt...with Checketts and other friends of Josepth Smith, somewhere in the background, am sure.

certificate of authorisation of a plc. Calder vale/velocity sports

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...a5f0fdf31a9c4c

twitter talk.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/st...56597389213696

Things not looking good for this venture if the PL has to approve anyone wanting to take over a club and the top 6 have been thinking of a breakaway. Two American owned clubs have been given a bloody nose after trying to take over the PL rather ineptly.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Things not looking good for this venture if the PL has to approve anyone wanting to take over a club and the top 6 have been thinking of a breakaway. Two American owned clubs have been given a bloody nose after trying to take over the PL rather ineptly.
    I’m guessing but nothing will come of this because the board can’t quite let go , money men don’t mess about like this if they were sure of the in at BFC and our lot we’re agreeable it would have happend, these are the people who supposedly were going down this route previously with Sheff Utd , so we can’t say they didn’t understand the procedure - criteria - funds needed for compliance etc,

My guess is the board really can’t let go

The other thing is if they are doing this they’d better get there finger out as the January window will be upon us and we’re seriously looking like bottom 3 material unless we get players back and fit and some new recruits.

I'm glad Garlick was able to sort that mess out Alto.

Fortunately this time round the "rat in the kitchen" can get the broom handle, because we are not in any danger of administration.

Army
    The Sheffield United bid failed because there are two equal owners. The original owner Kevin McCabe gave half the club shares away to Prince Abdullah for a £10m loan, then challenged this in court to get them back so he could sell and failed. The other owner didn’t want to sell. The two are in dispute over who runs the club.

There’s been nothing on ALK since late September but takeovers can take months, during which neither party can disclose anything or they face financial penalties. I suspect the directors wanted investment or they wouldn’t have issued a portfolio in 2018, the nature of the negotiations could be for that or a total buyout or something in between.

US investors saw the PL as a good investment prospect but whether they still will as Covid hits income, it could end the season if teams can’t play, PL changes are on the way, TV rights are falling, Burnley haven’t won yet, relegation will blow a hole in finances and high value players can walk for nothing at the end of their contract. That may not be as attractive for the business plan they have. They may reduce their offer

Burnley directors may not find a revised lower offer or the staggered 20% payment per year over 5 years they planned at Sheffield to their liking especially if the new owners expect to run the club from day 1.

Talks must still be ongoing or there would have been an announcement otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm glad Garlick was able to sort that mess out Alto.
    Oh please, pray tell how Mike Garlick actually sorted it out BT.

I won't hold my breath. . . . . . . . though if you do actually come back with something I promise not to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I won't hold my breath. . . . . . . . though if you do actually come back with something I promise not to laugh.
    Missed your way there Alto , I thought you'd have said let's stick to facts BT please ?

Thanks Army, at least I'm not on my own thinking that whatever BT says is similar to a Politician

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

When we had enough money Mike Garlick and John B hatched a plot to buy Turf Moor back essentially under the control of the current board of directors.

On 14.03.2013 Turf Moor Properties Limited added Mike Garlick to the Board of Directors, since then its been pretty much plain sailing.

Gawthorpe is paid for, Turf Moor is paid for, the club is virtually debt free, that's what I meant when I said Garlick had sorted it Alto.

BT since then its been pretty much plain sailing

Choppy waters and a leaky boat now though.
    Pirates trying to come on board
    Owners Captain short of crew and mutiny possible
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-10-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)