+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calder Vale Holdings another Alan Pace Company

Worry not OC, the good ship "Burnley Football Club Holdings Limited" has a Dry Powder Store full of provision to ward off any unwelcome pirate boarding attempts...

Attachment 17170

"Talks must still be ongoing or there would have been an announcement otherwise."

As far as I'm aware OC there hasn't been any statement or comment from either party regarding this takeover/buyout. All we have is media speculation and rumour, Dyche said he knew nothing about it, and that's all I've heard from any source connected to Burnley FC. So there's unlikely to be an official announcement saying discussions have been terminated, when they haven't even officially announced any ongoing talks in the first place. That's not the way they operate, the first we'll know about it is when the deal is done, if it gets done, otherwise there'll just be the usual stony silence emanating from the Turf Moor boardroom.

For what it's worth I can't imagine this deal getting done any time soon, if at all. The uncertainly surrounding PL finances, and the uncertainty over our future as a PL club, has surely put this on the backburner as far as the Yanks are concerned. Right at this moment they don't know what they're buying into, nor what exactly they're buying. Why would they commit cash now, it's no-brainer to sit back and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Talks must still be ongoing or there would have been an announcement otherwise."

As far as I'm aware OC there hasn't been any statement or comment from either party regarding this takeover/buyout. All we have is media speculation and rumour, Dyche said he knew nothing about it, and that's all I've heard from any source connected to Burnley FC. So there's unlikely to be an official announcement saying discussions have been terminated, when they haven't even officially announced any ongoing talks in the first place. That's not the way they operate, the first we'll know about it is when the deal is done, if it gets done, otherwise there'll just be the usual stony silence emanating from the Turf Moor boardroom.

For what it's worth I can't imagine this deal getting done any time soon, if at all. The uncertainly surrounding PL finances, and the uncertainty over our future as a PL club, has surely put this on the backburner as far as the Yanks are concerned. Right at this moment they don't know what they're buying into, nor what exactly they're buying. Why would they commit cash now, it's no-brainer to sit back and wait.
    Your voice of reason is always welcome sinkov, it's when you start with the "loony left bollox" that is NOT welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Your voice of reason is always welcome sinkov, it's when you start with the "loony left bollox" that is NOT welcome.
    I love his "loony left bollox" posts ---they always guarantee a reaction!

Worry not OC, the good ship "Burnley Football Club Holdings Limited" has a Dry Powder Store full of provision to ward off any unwelcome pirate boarding attempts...
    The Dry powder store could be getting wet!

When we had enough money Mike Garlick and John B hatched a plot to buy Turf Moor back essentially under the control of the current board of directors.

On 14.03.2013 Turf Moor Properties Limited added Mike Garlick to the Board of Directors, since then its been pretty much plain sailing.

Gawthorpe is paid for, Turf Moor is paid for, the club is virtually debt free, that's what I meant when I said Garlick had sorted it Alto.
    Sorry I'm not buying that BT, They sold Turf Moor to Longside Properties, of which then chairman Barry Kilby was a founding director, it was hidden from the public for a long time (Why) and is now owned by Lionbridge, a company which is registered in the British Virgin Islands, now Stan's blind man on a galloping horse knows when you speak of "Virgin Islands" you think tax haven which puts Barry Kilby IMO in a bad light, whether Lionbridge was an umbrella comp with Longside does not matter, the dubious selling of Turf Moor did not look good at the time and still doesnt.

"When we had enough money Mike Garlick and John B hatched a plot to buy Turf Moor back essentially under the control of the current board of directors". Where the hell did you hear that BT ?

Burnley Football Club issued a Bond, to which A number of supporters pledged significant six-figure sums to this bond, in order to meet the asking price for Turf Moor and Gawthorpe, NO mention of Garlick/B stumping up the money.

So in short it reads to me that the ground along with the training ground were sold for monies which BFC or the Board pocketed, when bought back fans actually stumped up the majority of the money.

Alto
    What’s the timescale on this?
    I’m lost, if Supporters bought bonds don’t they own the facilities?
    Who owns these now?

I've taken it from the LT at the time Colner.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ack-turf-moor/

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I've taken it from the LT at the time Colner.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ack-turf-moor/
    Very interesting Alto. It sounds like Kilby got back a lot less than he paid for the ground and Gawthorpe and the sale was linked to shares in the new Burnley FC Holdings company. I suppose as largest shareholders the directors must have put a lot into the investment.
    Pity the following days article isn’t linked too.

My 'loony left bollox', is only not welcomed by the loony left themselves BT, everyone else seems to like it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)