+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayes

Hayes

Great to have him back here. He's not been as effective yet but covers some amount of ground and always gives us the option of pinging it down the line. We need to start converting more of his crosses though.

He’s done ok for a Tim lover

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Great to have him back here. He's not been as effective yet but covers some amount of ground and always gives us the option of pinging it down the line. We need to start converting more of his crosses though.
    As I said on the other thread - his crosses are almost always rank. Its his only real weakness - but its a biggie.

Agree though its great to have him back and he works a treat in this setup as a wing back. Just wish he could deliver a better final ball - mind you, if he could, he wouldn't be here...

He and his family are massive Liverpool fans. Was never a tim fan. And to those who doubted his pace after his leg break with the tims I think we can all see he still has that in abundance as well as tremendous energy levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    He and his family are massive Liverpool fans. Was never a tim fan. And to those who doubted his pace after his leg break with the tims I think we can all see he still has that in abundance as well as tremendous energy levels.
    He must’ve been lying then when he moved to Celtic and told them he was a lifelong fan ....
    Anyway, good player , we missed his energy and work rate when he was awa being a Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He must’ve been lying then when he moved to Celtic and told them he was a lifelong fan ....
    Anyway, good player , we missed his energy and work rate when he was awa being a Tim
    Did he say that? He's not a Celtic fan. He didn't sign a new contract with us so the club would get money though and sevco almost signed him at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Did he say that? He's not a Celtic fan. He didn't sign a new contract with us so the club would get money though and sevco almost signed him at one point.
    Yip,it’s in the weegie rags so take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he said he grew up in Dublin and he and all his family were lifelong Celtic fans . It’s probably the default line that’s trotted out for anyone, particularly Irish,when they sign .
    But aye in my opinion he left in the right way and came back at a good time and did the right thing regarding wages etc . He’s played well since his return too so good on him .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Yip,it’s in the weegie rags so take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he said he grew up in Dublin and he and all his family were lifelong Celtic fans . It’s probably the default line that’s trotted out for anyone, particularly Irish,when they sign .
    But aye in my opinion he left in the right way and came back at a good time and did the right thing regarding wages etc . He’s played well since his return too so good on him .
    I can guarantee you he's not a Celtic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I can guarantee you he's not a Celtic fan.
    I don’t really care if he is or not , as long as he gives 100% in a Dons shirt . Papers will always trot out these lines , there’s no real loyalty these days anyway. Hayes has been good for us so far over both his spells so long may it continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast