+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Connolly

Early in Ben Fosters time at Man Utd he had a terrible match v Man City.

Sir Alex Ferguson yelled at him and warned him that if he did that again he would be out of the door.

Foster had a couple of good games and then made a howler in the last minute to cost them a win against Sunderland.

Sir Alex came in the dressing room. He didn’t yell.

He just turned to Foster and told him calmly he was finished. He never played for Man U again

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    He's sh1te. Simple as that. A total liability. Bin him ffs.
    Agreed

I am raging about this tonight 😤

It’s not just that he is costing us points already.

It’s the message that it send out to the rest of the team that this is acceptable.

MM says it was gut wrenching tonight.

It was totally inevitable

Not good enough.

Been obvious for months and months.

Don’t like highlighting one player as there are others but this is clear as daylight.

Genuinely baffled by the contract extension and same goes for Butcher. We should’ve waited until January to see how they handled the step up. It’s not like clubs were going to be queuing up with pre-contract offers. Those 2 now contacted until 2023 and Reynolds and Adam King until 2022.

When will the club learn?

I am happy enough with Reynolds. Apart from not being as tall as he does have the potential quality for the division.

Reynolds made the error against St Mirren but he is not as gaffe prone as Connolly

i managed to catch the 'highlights' which in hindsight was probably a good thing. Although Connolly cannot be held totally culpable for the result; some of his defending was comical, diving in all over the place and in front of everything. It seems as if a red mist descends and he is not inexperienced and therefore should be able to read the game better.

Edwards (jury still out) just doesn't seem confident with him in the pairing. Whereas Reynolds seems to form understanding with other CH choices i.e Watson and could do so with Edwards. Reynolds although not his best any more was a fine defender earlier in his career and definitely not as erratic as Connolly; i.e. he instills confidence. Therefore in my opinion it should be Reynolds/Edwards combo from now on with Butcher possibly stepping in or Neilson. The latter is young and doesn't need the barracking Souttar got and appreciate time is not on his side season wise; as we need to consolidate.

Connolly gives his all no doubt; but its not enough when we need to hold out for a result or be more solid at the back. Therefore time on the sidelines or loan out. The team over all need to take a bl**dy good look at themselves after Fri; as do MM/SF. 1 shot on goal in any game is totally unacceptable; when you have a 20+ goal striker who will get something for you. Lack of attacking option pressurizes the defence and with MC there we just cant afford that.

Him and Butcher blame everyone else in team but they are the bombscares team will improve if they are binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    Him and Butcher blame everyone else in team but they are the bombscares team will improve if they are binned.
    I think team would improve with Butcher at CB

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    They absolutely do!!! First to throw their hands in the air and blame anyone in sight!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)