+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Ryan Wintle

Hiya guys.

Hibs fan in peace.

According to sky, we have offered £200k for Wintle and its been rejected.

What type of player is he??

cheers.

£200k is your club having a funny turn. Reject it, I would be surprised if they did not laugh in your mans face. You would not even get 1 leg for that paltry sum. Is he a good player? If you consider a good player one that stands solid for 90 minutes for every game of the season then you are starting to understand what Ryan Wintle is about. He is easily worth 5 times your clubs silly offer.

No need to be rude, lukcour, although your assessment of Ryan is, of course, spot on. We think he’s worth £1m, I suspect in the current climate we’d get between £500k and £650k.

All I would say to 1875Steve is he’s be worth every penny of whatever he cost... and it would be a damn sight more than £200k!

I wasn't here to argue prices, as I don't know anything about the player.

Was just interested to know what type of player he was, attacking? defensive? etc

Just to help, he's a defensive centre mid in that he shields the back four well, but has a good pass, can carry the ball forward, and when in range has a shot in him. Sometimes covers at centre half, though we mostly feel that's a waste. Oh, and as of today he seems to have tested Positive for Covid ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Just to help, he's a defensive centre mid in that he shields the back four well, but has a good pass, can carry the ball forward, and when in range has a shot in him. Sometimes covers at centre half, though we mostly feel that's a waste. Oh, and as of today he seems to have tested Positive for Covid ...
    Thanks for the info, hope he's ok

Our manager is saying we are NOT after him

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ielder-2991676

Thank goodness for that! Given our former players that have done or are doing well in the Scottish Prem - Harry Davis, Jon Guthrie for example - I think he would do very well.

He was also the fans and players player of the season. Not only has he a good pass but has wide range of passing in his locker. He can also protect the ball well and is very capable of going on surging runs through the middle.
    However, glad your boss says he's not interested