+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Ashgar to step up

Time for Ashgar to step up

MM has publicly backed you and your 'brilliant' contacts
    MM has publicly backed his players - to the extent where Logan gets his U21 call up
    Youngsters have the energy but not the consistency or game management
    The senior players have the game management {arguably in some cases} but not the energy
    Our only 1st pick players are an unprotected goalkeeper and a striker who is lacking supply
    Expecting defenders to attack and attackers to defend works as the occasional one off, long term it affects performance and confidence.

MM is correct to be excited about the potential in this squad, however he time for Ashgar to support MM is now.
    Use these contacts and get players in that remedies this or the potential to fuch up every game will become reality

Step it up now please Tony
    Rant Over

Signed.

Last night matched our recruitment so far, dire.

Three days to go ⏳

We all said we needed at least 5 players better than what we have and that has not been delivered,i agree 100% with the OP.

Even the two the manager has signed aren't better than what we already had. Is Edwards and upgrade on Reynolds or Connolly? Is Bolton and upgrade on McMullan? I'm not so sure.

The spine of our team needs replaced, starting with the two in midfield. I'm now at the point where I'd try Butcher at CH as we won't be signing another player for that position and he is clearly not up to the job of dragging us out the gutter as our main midfield anchor man. He did okay there last year so has to be worth a shot given how sh*t we are at the back.
    Harkes needs to f*cking go aswell. He can run about all he wants but when the going gets tough, he's like a rabbit in the headlights. What does he actually bring to the team because I simply do not see it? Hopefully Fuchs can bring some composure to the midfield and a willingness to want to take the ball from the defenders because we seriously lack any of that at the moment.
    Clark is another who's not up to the job. Spent all night last night barging into players as he was miles off it.
    There's three straight away without even talking about the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Even the two the manager has signed aren't better than what we already had. Is Edwards and upgrade on Reynolds or Connolly? Is Bolton and upgrade on McMullan? I'm not so sure.
    they're not upgrades, same standard. Pish

Dunno why Reynolds is getting lumped in with them, he has been very good for us, one mistake v St Mirren apart

Think Edwards is summed up in that Reynolds and Connolly is still our strongest pairing

We are missing Smith at right back too

McMullan not getting a sniff is a joke as he needs a run of games to get confident and show what he did last season

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    they're not upgrades, same standard. Pish
    Agree with this

No doubt the hearts legal case and losing neilson disrupted our recruitment process, and we are possibly delaying moves to see what we can pick up in England, but we are basically a quarter of the way through the season now! And presumably our recruitment drive was still a work in progress through the uncertainty. Days to go, its now or never!

Think still bit early to judge Edwards, thought he has improved some each game, but looks like he likes a punt/sliced clearance. Connolly seems to bring chaos to the defence whenever he plays, almost feels like he needs someone composed next to him to organise him.Thought we would have eased him out as we did Watson when his contract expired. Reynolds brings a bit more organisation composure, but then throws in the odd costly mistake you would expect from a young player not experienced pro. But this was all to see last season.

Think Bolton been ok without being exceptional. Not sure McMillan the answer, but surprised with his pace he hasn’t at least been given more of a run off bench, at least he would be able to chase a ball in behind the opposition if through the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Dunno why Reynolds is getting lumped in with them, he has been very good for us, one mistake v St Mirren apart

Think Edwards is summed up in that Reynolds and Connolly is still our strongest pairing

We are missing Smith at right back too

McMullan not getting a sniff is a joke as he needs a run of games to get confident and show what he did last season
    Agree with all of that except the Connolly part . I know you think Butcher is this magnificent midfield general but I think its easy to see he's struggling in there so why not put him back at centre half in a pairing with Reynolds? We honestly can't keep going with Connolly at CH that flogs a goal every other game.

Its still too early to judge Edwards but I was hoping he'd come right in and be a Fojut/Webster hybrid and solve our central defence but it's no looking likely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)