+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deid (Theologians edition)

Deid (Theologians edition)

Although it won’t mean much to most of you, it is with sadness I record the death of stalwart Theologian Alfie McIntosh.

A long battle with MS comes to an end.

A Lumsden loon and big Aberdeen fan, I can picture him festooned in half bottles of whisky, smuggled into Hampden for the 1982 cup final v the huns.

RIP Alfie, one of the good ones.

Oh, that's a sair een, min. He employed me (and Ping, and Jeb) as delivery drivers, and his younger brother too. It was Alfie who dragged me along to Theos' training and persuaded me to join for a season. Even if he was only about 5' 9", any shout of "ALFIE'S!!!" in or around our box was a signal to bide the **** out of the way, and generally provided the comfort that the ball was about to be headed 25 yards from goal, and as a bonus, some opposing attacker would be munching Sheddocksley or Inverdee turf.

I'm really sorry to hear about his death. He must have been diagnosed with MS just after I left Johnson Group in 1984. The best of loons, to whom a glass will be raised tonight.

Jeb persuaded me to do something called zoom today and we had a chat with some of the lads.
    Some really old stories coming out, my god they were good days.

That’s three of the original boys gone now.
    Par for the course I suppose, Jeb and me were the babies of the team, still hard to believe though.

He sounds like a dude & a top red

RIP Alfie

Did Bunter run Theologians in them days?
    What was his right name, George something?

Can’t say the name rings a bell.

It was Fred’s team most of the time I was there.

77 - 83ish

But once a Theo always a Theo

I think I'm speaking sh1te, it wasnae Theologians that Bunter ran.
    My mind is age addled......

Played against Theos a few times back in the day and they were gentlemen to a man.

Likewise i have lost some good friends in the last year and to me if the Whitehouse incumbent recovers it's proof, if any were required, there is no god.

Apart from red no. 6 in of course.