+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford

There is a lot of unnecessary speculation about this unfortunate series of events. I think I’d rather wait until one or either clubs, or better yet the EFL, put out a statement confirming what has happened.

If nothing else, the player, or players, concerned are entitled to the usual level of patient confidentiality that should pertain to these events, unless and until they choose to waive them. In the meantime let’s hope nobody else has contracted the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    No, he should only have been isolating if he or a family member was showing symptions - which I beleive they were not. If everybody who had a test for whatever reason self isolated then there should be NO football at all. Premier league/ Championship players are been tested all the time, but are not self isolating.

Beckles took the test to set his own mind at rest, not because he thought he was positive.

I do agree that it is strange that the whole squad was not tested after Wintle was confirmed positve.
    It sounds as if they were tested (or had been) but because he has a young baby at home Beccles had wanted to confirm his negative test privately - which unfortunately it didn't.

Little or no output (on any topic) from the Alex today. Have they been told to keep quiet?

I think it was said somewhere that they were all going to be tested either today or tomorrow. However, in the meantime, are they isolating?

I believe by the rules they will all have tp isolate. If correct that will put our next game a big doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    I believe by the rules they will all have tp isolate. If correct that will put our next game a big doubt.
    And yet we've just been sent the i-follow code - but probably that's automatic and not generated by the club.

So he had suspicions...he should have isolated!!!

No surprise, more positive

If you’d bothered to check the facts you would have seen that Beckles had no symptoms or suspicions but, as he had a new born in the family, took it upon himself to have a test to ease his own mind. Had he not done so the match will have gone ahead, without Wintle but with Beckles, and this could well have led to more of our players, and some of yours, getting the infection.

Given the large number of apparently symptom-free people testing positive for Covid, especially amongst younger people, can you honestly say that none of you players have not got, or have had, the virus! Thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    If you’d bothered to check the facts you would have seen that Beckles had no symptoms or suspicions but, as he had a new born in the family, took it upon himself to have a test to ease his own mind. Had he not done so the match will have gone ahead, without Wintle but with Beckles, and this could well have led to more of our players, and some of yours, getting the infection.

Given the large number of apparently symptom-free people testing positive for Covid, especially amongst younger people, can you honestly say that none of you players have not got, or have had, the virus! Thought not.
    And indeed if he'd bothered to read my post he wouldn't have needed to check the facts anywhere else! From what DA says all four are symptom free - if they hadn't been footballers I guess none would ever have known they had it and would have just gone about normally. It seems to be characteristic of getting it in your 20s - I expect most of the students testing positive are symptom free too. Meanwhile Oxford are apparently happy to play next Tuesday - when Ryan Wintle will be just over 10 days past his test, but Beccles and the other 2 won't.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast