+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford

Yes, odd that, SA! I guess we’ll find out who the other 2 are on Saturday, but I look forward to Wintle’s return.

So...2nd time around! Oxford thrashed on Saturday, while the Alex strolled to a 3-0 win! Can only be one outcome?? Yep, a 1-0 home win😖.

Oxford played really well on Saturday - sometimes the performance and the match stats have no bearing on the result.
    I think they had 3 of their CBs missing (?)

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Yes, odd that, SA! I guess we’ll find out who the other 2 are on Saturday, but I look forward to Wintle’s return.
    As we did - and of course Beckles played too (sadly for Daniels). I assume Dale and Finney will still be out tomorrow, but neither of the returnees seemed to find any stamina problems, though Ryan's timing was a bit off - lack of group training?

Powell looked out on his feet at the end - I was a bit surprised Callum was substituted and not him to be honest. Would still expect him to start tomorrow, although I suspect Zanzala will be warming up before the hour mark!

But the big question will become.. Mandron or Porter?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    But the big question will become.. Mandron or Porter?
    I suppose it will be Mandron, I am still not convinced by him but he is scoring so why not ?

Not just his scoring though! The amount of work he does around the pitch is phenomenal and he frequently gets the ball back when the team have lost it.

Mandron every time for me for the reasons gazan gives. Porter, for all his qualities (and probably more goals) just isn’t quick enough to get through the amount of work that Mandron does and he ain’t getting any younger! Useful back up mind you.

And whilst Mandron may not score as many, as has been pointed out he gets the ball back in the opposition half more often than Ports and we can then use the pace and skill of the rest of the front 3 or 4 to good effect

Its good to get back to football matters. personally i would stick with Mandron for now, purely down to his work rate and extra pace I wouldn't change the team, we will also have a strong bench if we need fresh lags on there. A draw would be decent result but I think we have the quality to get all 3 points, but maybe we will have to improve on our finishing. This will be a harder test than Wigan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast